We believe mycelium—the vegetative root body of mushrooms— is our forests’ best-kept secret. With a naturally savory umami flavor and a wonderfully meaty texture, mycelium is a delicious answer to fulfilling our craving for simple ingredient plant-based alternatives while doing good for Spaceship Earth. Speaking of which, we put people and planet first, with every decision we make, be it great or small.
At MyForest Foods, we grow and harvest mycelium in vertical farms, producing large structures that resemble whole cuts of meat in as little as 14 days. (And if you’re familiar with typical meat alternatives, you know that a “whole cut” is something truly special!) We then slice these meaty “cuts” and season them to perfection in a traditional brine recipe. MyBacon® is our first of many mycelium-based meatless alternatives. It’s as realistic as vegan bacon gets; people are blown away by how satisfying and similar it is to pork bacon.
Due to its DELICIOUS nature, MyBacon demand is sky-high! As a result, our business is growing rapidly. As we prepare to take our production to a national scale, many exciting career opportunities have unfolded, including that of a Sales Leader.
Become a part of a growing team of motivated, energetic and talented professionals striving toward the common goal of expanding our business and revolutionizing the future of food!
About the role:
The Sales Leader role offers an exciting opportunity to join a growing “start-up” and rapidly accelerate your career while earning a competitive salary and excellent benefits! This role will provide excellent development opportunities as you perform a variety of sales activities including discovering and pursuing sales prospects, negotiating deals and maintaining long term customer relationships in the retail and foodservice channels. If you have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable reaching out to potential customers to introduce MyBacon through email, phone or in person while building new customers across the Northeast, we’d like to meet you.
A self starter who loves the food industry and building long term trusted customer relationships. You are organized, a planner who gets things done to achieve the goals you set for yourself and at ease communicating with buyers and owners alike. You value a team, collaboration and a sense of belonging with others who are interested in building something transformational. Others describe you as a high performer, both individually and within a team environment. Your willingness to change and adapt to new processes, procedures, or work requirements gives you energy. A natural problem-solver, you work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with exceptional attention to detail. Thanks to strong organizational and time management skills, you can prioritize responsibilities with ease. You actively participate in opportunities to develop new skills through internal collaborations with others, external literature, webcasts, and other learning opportunities.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow MyForest Foods retail and foodservice customer base in the NE by meeting quarterly and annual growth goals; increase market penetration and grow market share
- Lead and engage support teams to ensure training and marketing objectives are being implemented at the customer level.
- Provide expertise and vision to achieve excellence in retail and foodservice execution to achieve strong results at the point of sale.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with store and restaurant personnel along with distributors to drive growth programs.
- Review and evaluate data collected from store visits with partners for quality assurance, evaluations, demo events, demo training meetings, etc and make recommendations to upper management.
- Provide recommendations for potential new products based on customer needs.
Minimum qualifications/competencies (The must-haves)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years + in a customer-facing role, managing retail or foodservice accounts
- A strategic approach to retail and foodservice sales, including consultative selling skills and creative problem solving
- Ability to handle account complexities and effectively work within a variety of customer operational philosophies
- Recent experience growing a brand and pioneering new products
- Ability to balance many priorities to drive the business forward, with persistence and a sense of urgency
- Strong problem solver with Salesforce experience
- Shown success working independently and navigating in an ever changing and exciting, high growth environment
- Highly collaborative approach with ability to team across an organization (Culinary, R&D, Marketing, Finance, Operations, etc)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- A positive demeanor and strive to excel
- A genuine interest and passion for MyForest Foods mission
- High energy and stamina, changing the world takes grit
- Ability to travel up to 50-60% of the time, with occasional nights/weekends required for shows and conventions
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies (The nice-to-haves)
- Knowledge of distribution in the retail and foodservice industry.
- Proficient in Google Workspace including Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs and Slides
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Excited? So are we!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for the role.
- Full Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103 Green Island, NY
- Job Street Address 70 Cohoes Avenue
- City Green Island