Technical Sales position with broad range of duties, including new materials account development, new product introductions, customer interface, project management.
This position supports the commercial sales activities of products using technical, scientific, and customer knowledge to influence customers in applying the products/services to their formulations/ applications resulting in revenue generation. In addition, the position provides input and participates in the marketing, market planning, and technical development of products and client services.
Create and build client relationships while initiating interaction to obtain projects. Assist in developing and facilitating the proposal process for specific clients/sponsors including budget, pricing, development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations.
- Make customer contacts at, research, application development, supply chain, marketing levels with customers and prospective customers. Develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- researching customer needs and developing applications of ManusBio Inc.’s products and services in an effective manner by:
- obtaining & coordinating data & information from internal and external stakeholders & member groups
- researching and developing lists of potential customers
- maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target customers and markets
- determining market strategies & goals for each client which matches product and service to their strategic objectives
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
- developing sales proposals for customers on technical products & services
- developing technical presentations & workshops
- maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations
- making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
- establishing long-term, ongoing repeat relationships
- attend trade shows as assigned throughout the year to promote product portfolio and develop project initiatives
- meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals
- resolving problems with products and services
- Participate in sales forecasting, sales planning, and CRM in an effective timely manner by:
- researching, developing & maintaining long- & short-range sales & marketing plans
- maintaining an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans
- monitoring, analyzing, & communicating monthly sales data to contribute to product/service planning
- Participate in development of new products, modification of existing products in an effective and professional manner by:
- recommending new technical products & product modifications or terminations
- gathering analyzing, and sharing customer technical information & feedback
- working with other staff to identify future customer needs
- determining customer satisfaction with products and services
- maintaining an up-to-date working knowledge of newly developing technologies and manufacturing practices
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers by:
- communicating openly, honestly and constructively
- treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy
- taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems
- Develop and maintain databases relating to research data including product formulations, analytical and sensory data and other project related information” in the company CRM system.
- Provide technical support and maintain programs that allow analysis of information.
- Engage in technical discussions with potential clients, demonstrations and presentations.
- Remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on changes and developments within the sweetener industries.
- Keep management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
- Provide direction in complex problem-solving situations and participate in direct interaction with customers as required.
- Identify process improvement opportunities with customer processes and through communications, programs and other activities as needed, collaborate with the customer to implement improvements.
- B.S. in Food Science, technical or business discipline.
- Technical knowledge of sweetener formulation.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Organization and use of CRM database systems.
- Proficient in use of e-mail Word, PowerPoint, and Excel programs.
Minimum of 7-10 years in a sales role in the flavor or food ingredient industries.
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA
- Job Street Address Mid-West
- City Chicago