A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
Sanitation Supervisor 3rd Shift
Lightlife Foods is looking for a full-time, Sanitation Supervisor to work at the Turners Falls facility on 3rd shift. The ability to work on weekends is a must. This position will guide and support the nightly operational, sanitation activities and processes in the manufacturing area. Provide leadership to staff for maintaining process, packaging, and plant cleanliness to ensure a safe and sanitary food manufacturing facility, in compliance with SOP’s, HACCP, GMP’s, SQF, BRC, FDA and OSHA requirements. The Sanitation Supervisor will maintain established quality, and safety standards.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Provide and perform first level reporting responsibilities for assigned department regarding departmental processes and procedures, staff schedule issues, work in process, production and quality variances, sanitation, safety and other areas impacting the daily operation of the department.
- Assign and monitor work within the department following established guidelines. Assure coordinated work-flow and elimination of ordinary difficulties.
- Ensure employees follow safety, GMP’s and cleaning SOP’s.
- Confirm all night sanitation employees have proper training and training is documented.
- Foster a positive and productive work environment by being a role model for other team members. Perform the duties of sanitation personnel as needed.
- Participate in and facilitate weekly departmental meetings with team, providing information and updates on applicable issues.
- Conduct on-going training; Work with management to improve departmental functions.
- Maintain quality and assure that department processes conform to SOPs and other commonly accepted standards.
- Suggest changes in SOPs and departmental activities to increase safety, quality or efficiency related to sanitation.
- Manage the adherence to prescribed procedures to ensure that quality (relating to sanitation) meets or exceeds planned goals. Work with the Operations and Quality Manager to ensure that adequate processes are capable and improving.
- Ensure all regulatory standards, specifications and policies are met or exceeded including HACCP, BRC, and GMP’s.
- Assist with the security and protection of company property and assets. (i.e. visitors in department, supplies, building security, etc.)
- Train and retrain team members in SOPs and departmental operations. Observe progress and provide on-going feedback to team member.
- Complete performance evaluations and overall performance management of team members – probationary, 6 mos., annual evaluations, and progressive discipline.
- Abide by and be a spokesperson for company polices and goals. Apply policies consistently and fairly to team members.
- Ensure daily paperwork and documentation is completed accurately with all appropriate details and submitted in a timely manner.
- 3+ years Manufacturing experience.
- Must have flexibility to work weekends
- 1+ years Management or Supervisory experience.
- 3+ years of experience Sanitation Supervisor experience
- Strong knowledge of sanitation chemicals
- Experience creating SOPs for sanitation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer application skills, including the utilization of mainframe, network, and PC business application software.
- SAP experience is preferred.
- Basic mathematical, and statistical skills.
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
Greenleaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following workplace anti-discrimination and other applicable laws.
- Full Address 153 Industrial Blvd, Turners Falls, MA
- Job Street Address 153 Industrial Blvd
- City Turners Falls