At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Sanitation Supervisor plans and directs all activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of sanitation standards for production processes and equipment. This position will provide training, maintain documentation, develop strategies, and ensure standards and processes are followed.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
– Coordinate with production, maintenance, and master sanitation schedule to provide training and leadership to production personnel during sanitation windows.
– Develop and drive sanitation strategies by identifying long-term goals, leveraging resources, and delivering objectives through cross-functional alignment.
– Initiate and execute cleaning verification and validation programs to prove effectiveness of the sanitation program not limited to environmental monitoring, ATP, micro data, etc.
– Monitor and manage sanitation costs, contract services, and supply ordering. Services and supplies will include but is not limited to chemicals, and PPE.
– Maintains and monitors the master sanitation schedule.
– Oversees root cause sanitation investigations and collaborates on corrective and preventive actions.
– Recommend improvements and provide suggestions to sanitation standards and work processes in areas of equipment, ventilation, plant layout, etc.
– Compile reports regarding inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to correct deficiencies.
– Verify chemical titrations.
– Monitor wastewater discharges for permit requirements.
Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
– Bachelor of Science degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience preferred.
– Minimum 3 years proven experience as Sanitation Supervisor or similar role.
– 2-5 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment.
– Knowledge of food safety, GMP, HACCP, MSDS, 5S, RCA, GMP, FDA, SSOP’s, and chemical safety.
– Ability to understand and comply with government regulations
– Must have the ability to quantitatively review technical procedures and representative regulations.
Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications. Familiarity with Google features a plus.
– Strong leadership, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills.
– Strong communication skills with the ability to write detailed reports, related correspondence, and effectively present and respond information and respond to groups is essential.
– Flexibility to work any/all shifts to support a high growth work environment.
– Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
– Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs,
– The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
– Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.