At Plenty, we’re on a mission to give people in local communities everywhere access to the freshest, most amazing tasting produce possible. And to do so in a way that’s better for the planet.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do that. We are an ag-tech company looking for a Sanitation Tech.
In this role you will ensure our plant factory is spotless and meets all SQF Food Safety Requirements.
Type of Role
What You'll Do
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures
- Wear required and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- 100% adherence to all company established chemical, safety and cleaning policies and procedures
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Execute sanitation schedule: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Semi-Annual and Annual
- Able to use industrial cleaning chemicals and understand chemical safety and chemical handling procedures
- Sanitize and clean machines and machine parts using chemicals, high pressure hoses, spraying and scrubbing
- Reassemble machines as necessary
- Trash and recycling removal
- Sanitize plant floors, drains, walls, and shelves
- Perform record keeping and data tracking; responsible for completing the plant’s Master Sanitation Schedule
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals
- Continuously improve the sanitation process
- Complies with and follows company food safety and quality policies
- Ability to push and pull Bins that could range from 100-400 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Occasional call for Overtime
- Weekend work as needed
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple tasks at once
What We're Looking For
- High school diploma or equivalent. A minimum of 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically
- Read and understand chemical labels
- Basic computer skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including electronically
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Ability to train, maintain and promote a safe work environment
Food and Worker Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Comply with GMP/GAPS in the Facility
- Conduct monitoring activities to assure finished product comply with food safety and quality specifications
- Assist in the maintenance of Food Safety and Quality system.
Plenty is here to change the way people eat, making extraordinary flavor and nutrition more available in a way that's better for people and the planet. We build farms that can put craveable flavor first while delivering exceptional yields. And our produce is always pesticide-free and grown using less than 1% of the land and 5% of the water of outdoor farming.
- City Compton