Full Harvest is solving the $2.6 trillion global food waste problem through technology and innovation. We run the only business-to-business online marketplace connecting farmers with commercial produce buyers where they can purchase imperfect and surplus produce.
This mission helps reduce climate change by lowering CO2 emissions and water use and delivers incremental revenue to farmers. A win-win-win for farmers, food companies, and the planet.
Full Harvest is recognized as a World Economic Forum Tech Pioneer, the top 2020 Fast Company World Changing Idea, and Forbes Most Innovative Agtech Startup.
Want to join a super friendly, hard working, and passionate team that is determined to solve food waste? Check out our job opening below!
You will focus on sourcing and closing new food & beverage manufacturers, food processors and ingredient companies, playing a critical role in scaling revenue for the company. You will attend various conferences and events (once possible) as well as leverage any potential networks to significantly build the business. You will also have the opportunity to contribute in the development and shaping of systems and strategies of Full Harvest’s sales processes with food & beverage customers. This position will require 25% travel (once possible).
- Work primarily as a hunter to identify new buyer opportunities and meet your quarterly/annual sales quota
- Develop a robust sales pipeline through self-generated opportunities as well as collaboration with Marketing and Sales Development to meet/exceed assigned quarterly quotas.
- Pitch compelling presentations and pre-sales product demonstrations that highlight the value of Full Harvest marketplace with the goal of closing new buyers.
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers (virtual for now)
- Become an expert on Full Harvest’s online marketplace and produce to expedite onboarding of new buyers to the marketplace.
- Understand the buyer’s procurement needs and align with the Full Harvest value proposition. Identify commodities of opportunity and assist buyer with purchases on Full Harvest marketplace
- Negotiate pricing agreements and finalize buyer contracts
- Work closely with supply team to communicate customer needs, secure produce for order fulfillment, and lead new buyer onboarding.
- Highly motivated, driven, and self-starting individual with 7+ years of experience in B2B Sales or Business Development
- Tenacious and resourceful with a high sense of urgency.
- Consistent track record of high-growth sales success and achievement of goals (e.g. exceeding quota consistently, forward-thinking revenue responsibility, and forecasting).
- High EQ with strong critical thinking skills, adaptable, and able to thrive in a mission/purpose driven culture
- Experience in high-growth, fast pace environments. Fast learner, can get up to speed on a new industry/new product rapidly.
- Ability to prequalify accounts, consistently build a robust pipeline, and close business to meet sales goals.
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills.
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through.
- An outstanding team player and excellent communication skills with the ability to work across departments for flawless execution
- Existing network and/or understanding of food manufacturing or produce industry – a plus but not required
- Experience with accurate maintenance of Salesforce for pipeline management.
- BA, Business Administration or similar
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work on a great mission – solving food waste
- A fun, challenging environment that will give you the chance to significantly grow and learn
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k benefits
Full Harvest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at our recent article featured in TechCrunch
- City San Francisco