AeroFarms is seeking a Senior Brand Manager to work on our Marketing Team.
Since 2004, we have been transforming agriculture with people and planet in mind. As a Certified B Corporation, we use the latest breakthroughs in indoor vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology to fix our broken food system and improve the way fresh produce is grown and distributed locally and globally. We have built a proprietary agriculture platform to grow a wide array of products, delivering superior flavor, better quality, and improved nutrition with the highest levels of traceability and food safety in our industry.
- Understand plant biology to be great farmers and solve broader problems in agriculture
- Serve communities by leading with brand and providing access to high-quality, consistent, and safe products
- Protect the environment for future generations, growing more while using less
- Invest in our AeroFarms team and foster our company culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who run toward problems without hesitation and find creative solutions. We’re changing the world. Our work is for the bold. If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today.
AeroFarms Marketing team is responsible for driving overall brand strategy, understanding consumer insights, and owning product portfolio and performance.
The Senior Brand Manager will play a critical role overseeing our award-winning brand, partnering with our selling customers, and driving consumer engagement and sales, and creating long-term loyalty. Must be passionate about food and making a difference with an insatiable interest about brands and connecting with consumers.
- Develop annual business plans, forecasts, budgets, overseeing overall brand strategy, assessing competitive landscape, pricing, product management, and building financial cases for ongoing and new initiatives.
- Develop quarterly/monthly/weekly brand planning calendar, coordinate cross-functional activities and planning processes, manage timelines, and ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
- Create 360˚ marketing campaigns from brief to execution, leading design and media partners in the development and execution of strategy, communication, and creative to deliver against KPIS focused on sales velocity and consumer engagement for CR, CTR, CPC, CAC, AOV, ROAS, and LTV.
- Be a champion for the voice of our consumer, analyzing and leveraging insights from syndicated and custom consumer research to identify key insights and target audiences and develop relevant plans to create ownable points of brand differentiation and inform innovation pipeline.
- Build collaborative relationships with Sales, Customer Logistics, Operations, Finance, FSQA, and Research & Development to achieve shared OKRs.
- Partner closely with our selling customers to develop account-specific shopper marketing programs from merchandising to in-store and online activations to drive sales goals.
Experience and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing; MBA preferred.
- A marketing professional with 7+ years of relevant Brand Management, Account Management, Category Management, Sales, and Merchandising – preferably with CPG food experience 7 or more years of work experience in CPG.
- Passionate about our mission with the communication and interpersonal skills to share our exciting AeroFarms stories to build exceptional relationships with strategic partners, investors, and consumers.
- A problem-solver with exceptional project management skills and ability to work well across functions as a positive agent for change and action.
- An omni-channel marketer with direct experience in developing programs on retailer ad networks (Amazon, Walmart, Kroger, Ahold, etc) with specific skills in social media, paid media, content management, email, and inbound marketing to be smart and efficient with connecting to our audience.
- Experienced with CRM platforms like HubSpot to manage overall customer campaigns and omni-channel marketing.
- A number cruncher at heart with strong analytical and Excel skills including being well-versed with Nielsen/IRI and other syndicated data to drive insights and strategies.
- A foodie with a background in restaurant/hospitality because food and customer experience really matters.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, and Planner and ability to design within Adobe and Canva.
- Able to travel and represent the company and brand at both consumer and industry trade events and be our brand champion.
- Mobile with a car to travel for market and store audits and events (and able to lift 25 pounds for set up of events) and must be flexible to work weekends and evenings on occasion because we need to connect with our consumers at different times.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there.
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you.
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key.
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark