The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior Coordinator for the Outreach, Engagement, and Training (OET) department. In this position you will facilitate coalition-building activities for the Law Enforcement Outreach and Engagement (LE OET) team and serve as liaison for the Law Enforcement Training Center (LETC).
You will be responsible for:
- Facilitating coalition-building activities for LE OET, including management of a living database of contacts to be shared across disciplines and creating/distributing resource lists;
- Partnering with other OET channels, supporting LETC training opportunities and collaborations, including outreach to relevant agencies in the region of each established training, promoting, and acquiring hosts and registering trainees. Building and maintaining ongoing relationships with participants;
- Collaborating with HumanePro team to create marketing and promotion for LETC seminars, and recording/disseminating courses as appropriate. Contributing LE OET content for HumanePro newsletters, social media, and website;
- Collecting and documenting feedback from partners and LETC attendees, including interviews and surveys. Analyzing results to make recommendations to improve LE engagement and training;
- Partnering with other OET channels, proactively engaging in areas where contacts are needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in project management, law enforcement, or government affairs required;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the various influences in the animal welfare movement;
- Legislative/lobbying experience strongly preferred;
- Law enforcement experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of and experience with the animal welfare field, particularly animal sheltering and rescue, preferred. Knowledge of the law enforcement field also desirable;
- Event planning experience desirable;
- Ability and willingness to travel several times a year;
- Proficiency of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interpersonal skills are necessary;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
This position is in the DC Metro Area- Remote Eligible
The health and safety of our candidates, employees, and the communities in which we work is our top priority. The Humane Society of the United States has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all U.S. employees, including new hires. We make reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities or sincerely held religious beliefs. All U.S. new hires will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to their first day of employment.
When applying please submit your resume and cover letter as one document.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status. EOE
- Full Address 1255 23rd St NW, Washington, DC
- Job Street Address 1255 23rd St NW
- City Washington
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office