Dandelion is looking for an HVAC Service Technician to join our team in the Hudson Valley region! You will serve as Dandelion’s first line of defense to improve quality, customer satisfaction and installation productivity. You will also be responsible for field activities related to the service, repair and maintenance of oil, propane, natural gas furnaces and boilers, heat pumps, and electric heat. In this role, you will be joining a fast growing team in supporting customers pre and post installation of their geothermal system. Training for state of the art controls and geothermal systems will be provided upon joining the team.
- Field service: perform on-site diagnostics, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis: Service and repair existing heat source for homeowners awaiting installation of a geothermal system
- Cleaning, adjusting, repairing, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to defective HVAC equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance by cleaning coils and air handling units, and monitoring and calibrating air handling units
- Communication: communicate effectively and efficiently with both homeowners, service manager, and support staff to ensure the entire team is aligned on requirements to troubleshoot and resolve concerns with homeowner’s existing heating/cooling system
- Schedule: normal business hours – no on-call!
- 5+ years Residential HVAC experience, preferably as a service technician, controls experience a plus
- Technical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot HVAC equipment
- EPA Universal Certification
- Proficient in reading schematic and work plans
- Electrical and mechanical diagnostic skills
- Excellent communicator with exemplary customer service skills
- Experience with geothermal ground heat exchanger installation a plus
- Because the job requires driving to our clients, you must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k plan
- Stock/Equity options
- Paid Sick and Vacation time (PTO)
- 40-hour workweek, overtime available
- Training support including on-the-job and virtual/online-based courses
You’ll love working at Dandelion because:
We’re solving the world’s hardest problems. You’ll have the opportunity to pioneer renewable heating and cooling from the ground-up (literally). There’s no established playbook for fighting climate change, so your work will be messy, challenging, and build a better, cleaner world.
We’re good people. It sounds simple, and it is. We are passionate, vision-driven, low-ego, and treat one another with kindness and respect. We challenge ideas here, not people.
We hold each other accountable. We celebrate our wins and learn from our losses. We’re honest, realistic, and transparent across all areas of the business, every day — not just at our monthly all-hands meeting.
Since spinning out of Google X in 2017, Dandelion Energy has been an energy innovation company working to electrify home heating. We create and install geothermal heat pumps to replace fossil-fueled furnaces and boilers. We’ve grown into an organization of over 100 employees and have become the largest residential geothermal heat pump installation company in the United States. Our carbon impact to date is the equivalent to taking over 25,000 cars off the road… and that impact is accelerating with our growth!
Our cross-disciplinary team consists of experts in geothermal, drilling, heat pump software engineering, HVAC installation, solar and solar financing, behavioral economics, and high-growth operations amongst other backgrounds. With the potential to catalyze and scale a widespread transition to sustainable and affordable heating and cooling, our work is both complex yet rewarding. We are working to create a wholesale shift in how people heat and cool their homes — join us!
- City Mount Kisco