Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with people and our planet at the forefront.
Applying its award-winning technology platform, AeroFarms grows using up to 95% less water and no pesticides ever to deliver products with elevated flavor, taste, consistency, and nutrition. Some of the ways we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity include:
- Researching and understanding plants at unprecedented levels to be better farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for people and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Setting a new standard for food safety and traceability in our indoor vertical farms
- Investing in our AeroFarms team and fostering a diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, learning and growth
IT Senior Infrastructure Engineer:
- Responsible for R&D of new technologies, designing, maintaining, and supporting our growing internal and external IT systems with its accompanying user base.
- Working with existing technical teams who are both local and across multiple time zones.
- You will have to stay current to ensure that you are up to date with the latest needs of the business and industry best practices.
- You will ensure that all company hardware, software, systems are operating at peak efficiencies and issues raised are diagnosed and solved as soon as possible to minimize organizational impact.
- This is 100% hands-on role. Attention to detail and high level of organizational skills is critical for this position. At times you will work independently and self-sufficiently is key. Our work requires precision and accuracy, excellent memory is a necessary trait to recall important details, processes, and procedures. We are fast-paced, and your work will directly impact the entire company.
- This role is required to assist to the development of new policies and procedures for new and existing systems. You will help contribute & manage the page turn meetings, supplier network, contractors, vendors and manage installation of IT both locally and globally.
- Working with the Director of IT Infrastructure you will help contribute to the team’s success. This is a 100% in-person role in our Newark, NJ facilities.
What you will need to succeed:
- Software subscription administration, procurement management, and financial management
- Operate Aerial/Scissor lift
- Supporting a hybrid environment with On-Premises & Cloud Services (specifically Microsoft M365 & Linux)
- Acting as a liaison between IT Infrastructure and business units (Engineering, HR, R&D, etc) and supporting their technical needs.
- Responsible for support and maintenance of application servers and vendor provided systems including, but not limited to firmware, OS, Application Configurations, Updates, Documentation, Runbook creation, System & user provisioning.
- Configure Top level domain names, private registration, DNS records, IP address, and SSL Certs
- Support other IT Request escalated from End-User Services tracked through JIRA
- Documentation of both technical and end-user instruction guides
- General use of various power tools is required.
- 5-7 Years of IT Infrastructure Experience
- Hands on job site experience with multiple trades; building, engineering, IT & Infrastructure knowledge.
- Comfortable with everything that you would find in a modern commercial office, aquaculture grow rooms, large food grade warehousing.
- Ability to obtain OSHA 10 + 30 outreach for construction.
- Ability to obtain process an aerial/scissor lift operator safety course certificate
- Nice to have experience of Enterprise IT management products and tools including Office 365, InTune, MDM solutions, Cisco Meraki, Fortigate, Okta, Cloudflare, Jira, Digital Display Signage, Layer 3 switching, ACLs, Vlans, Wans, Lans, P2P networks, Last mile connections, Cloud Networking, Infrastructure automation, Powershell Python Windows host and linux scripting, FireEye API Gateways, Windows client/server, ESXi, Ubuntu server, UPS systems, Transfer switches, NetBotz, Environment Monitoring Equipment, Commercial alarm/fire/pa systems, VOIP, AirPrint, DVR/NVR/Cloud IP Cameras, Honeywell/Brivo access control systems, iBoss, Darktrace, HP Enterprise printing scanning, Conference Room setups
- Collaboration: We know we cannot fix the world’s problems as individuals – we have to work together as a team to make change happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication: We are a small company (in relative terms, 200+ employees) and we succeed because we communicate with each other. Everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility: What we do has never been done before. We are an innovative company and often there is no right or wrong way to do things. We challenge ideas to constantly improve how we operate and change directions to be the best that we can be.
- Accountability: We don’t micromanage but hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction. We expect candidates to take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect: We are scaling around the world and we want our team to represent the customers and communities that we serve. We expect candidates to respect and include diverse people, ideas, and cultures in their work so that we can learn the most from one another.
- Empowerment: We provide an environment for growth and development. We will help you grow in your career and elevate your work with our team.
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark