- Responsible for staying abreast of and advising on the Agriculture Industry, Carbon Markets, the competitive landscape, and the company’s competitive and strategic positioning.
- Responsible for the discovery, collection, and analysis of market problems found in the Agricultural and Carbon Markets by working with a team to validate urgent and pervasive problems that the market is willing to pay to address.
- Responsible for segmenting markets into groups that share common problems and that are large enough to support businesses. Work with a team to analyze and prioritize these segments, articulating their unique characteristics, and their pain points.
- Responsible for evaluating technologies that enable the production, quantification, verification, and issuance of carbon credits.
- Responsible for defining the products and services to provide customers as part of the offer, how they create value, how they serve market segments to address market problems, how they fit together as a portfolio, and how the portfolio fits with other company offers.
- Provide guidance to the team to determine the value proposition relative to alternatives for each product and service in the offer portfolio, tailored by customer segment and the channel strategy and route to market that best suits customer and business needs.
- Articulate the method of commercialization for each of the products and services in the portfolio.
- Act as point person to establish price points and plans to refine pricing and articulate how the offer portfolio will evolve in phases over time (roadmap that extends beyond the current planning horizon, over multiple years) and communicate plans to the team.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Business Plan and Long-Range Plan that provide strategic and financial rationale for sustained investment in the business and develop and maintain operating models.
- Define the key drivers of profitability, socialize them across the business, and ensure strategic business decisions are informed by these insights. Responsible for determining go-to-market efforts by Sales and Market Development and develop materials and processes to support the sales motion.
- Liaise with large, strategic buyers, investors, and partners to structure and diligence deals (including partner negotiations).
- Must work from company headquarters (500 Rutherford Avenue, Boston, MA 02129) at least 3 days a week. May work remotely remaining 2 days a week.
- Master’s degree or U.S. equivalent in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field plus 2 years of professional experience in a business role focusing on Carbon Markets within technologies, programs for emission reduction, or emission trading by performing design research, business model development, financial analysis and financial modeling.
- Must also have experience in the following: 2 years of professional experience performing market analysis, creating customer segmentations, defining and developing new products, determining product positioning, and launching new product or business concept(s) into the market; 1 year of professional experience working at a start up in a business or commercial role quantifying value and risks through discovery, collection, and analysis of market problems found in the Agricultural or Carbon Markets; 1 year of professional experience in Agriculture or Environmental Sciences performing systems engineering (including designing and developing systems to mitigate environmental or agricultural issues).
Please send resume to: email@example.com Must specify Ad Code GDLG.
- City Boston