Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the Role
As Senior Manager of Facilities & Security you will be the single point of contact for all Facility, Maintenance and Security needs for non-farm spaces company wide. This will include making necessary repairs and coordinating all ongoing and incidental facility maintenance. You will manage and perform facility maintenance on a routine cycle to prevent future service outages. You will supervise all onsite construction for projects managed and contracted directly by Plenty. Please note that this role will be based out of our South San Francisco Office. If you are open to relocation it will be covered by Plenty.
What you'll do
- Set and maintain procedures for the use of the maintenance management system (Upkeep)
- Manage routine preventative maintenance plan (Upkeep)
- Manages and coaches Facilities Supervisor and the team of technicians that maintain the building and grounds (non-farm warehouse spaces) as well as future additional supporting staff.
- Manages and coaches Warehouse Supervisors and warehouse team that maintain on site inventory and material flow
- Manage site security contractors and responsible for site security plans and management
- Create and maintain facilities budgets
- Perform periodic facilities inspections for quality assurance, compliance and preventative maintenance
- Comply with all Facilities, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- Supervise the construction of warehouse improvement and Plenty R&D construction projects (i.e. installing/replacing new doors, OH doors, power upgrades + supervising construction of onsite R&D farm facilities)
- Responsible for all logs and documentation for facilities owned SQF programs (Premises and Equipment Maintenance, Calibration, Cleaning & Sanitation, Waste Disposal, Exterior)
- Responsible for office management duties including onsite janitorial staff, physical security staff, and a variety of other vendors engaged with Plenty maintain shared office spaces.
- Work cross functionally with all lines of business.
What you'll bring to the table
- 10+ years of facilities, maintenance, security and/or Construction experience for large scale facilities
- Experience with mechanical units (HVAC), electrical and plumbing
- Familiarity with project management processes as well as construction site supervision procedures
- Excellent time management skills
- Proactive rather than reactive to overall maintenance and troubleshooting strategy
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow through
- Problem solver who not only fixes the symptom but uses root cause analysis to ensure the issue is resolved
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation: we’ll pay you a competitive salary on a biweekly basis, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being: we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food: in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together: learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment: we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off: we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave: 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- City South San Francisco