As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a Sr. Mechanical Engineer to help us grow.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential and other leading venture funds.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Sr. Mechanical Engineer will play a major role in the design, equipment specifications, computer-aided design, detailing, creating line layouts, troubleshooting, design, functionality, project management, and improvement of our fully-controlled farming systems and supporting equipment.
- Responsible for the design, development, modification and implementation of equipment and processes to aid in the farming systems.
- Collaborates with various establishing and executing design criteria with all stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously while completing project objectives and timeline.
- Responsible for technology transfer from Engineering to Operations to ensure new systems perform as designed and meets all performance targets.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Established FAT requirements for equipment and systems, attends FAT testing and approves equipment for delivery to the project site.
- Lead and participate in design reviews.
- Coordinate with vendors and develop detailed Requests for Quotation
- Lead, coordinate and support new equipment integration and equipment modifications.
- Hands on support of new and existing equipment and processes.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new engineering processes.
- Ensure current safety regulations are followed for all equipment used in manufacturing.
- Submit and track Purchase Orders to align with project deadlines.
- Travel required.
- DFM, FEA, GD&T
- Experience with process/equipment validation, documentation, and execution – IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Proven track record of delivery on projects involving equipment design, procurement, integration, and commissioning for food operations.
- Hands on mechanical experience and the ability to troubleshoot complex mechanical equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process.
- Knowledge of PLC controlled systems and ladder logic.
- Strong understanding of food package functionality and interrelationship with packaging equipment and processes.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with cross functional teams in the food industry.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and FDA requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in and manage work associated with multiple projects across various disciplines.
- Demonstrates creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication skills needed both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with automation equipment, structural components, control systems, plumbing and electrical components.
- 5+ years of experience as a mechanical engineer in automation, food processing and packaging environment with an emphasis on machine design.
- · 2+ years Project Management experience (PM certificate a plus).
B.S. Degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, or related engineering.
- Proficient in SolidWorks 2018 and above.
- Advanced PC skills including AutoCAD, MS Project, Word and Excel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards) and stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark