Our Global People Operations team is looking for an experienced Sr. People Operations Specialist/or Generalist to support a wide variety of HR initiatives contribute to our “people-first” culture ad help continually improve our employee experience. This role will be heavily focused on the HR systems, analytics, reporting and compliance side of ops, but we are a small team and will have an opportunity to touch all parts of our HR programs and processes.
We are motivated by positive experiences and supporting each of our teammates by building equitable and inclusive policies, programs, and practices.
What you’ll do
- Optimize our People technology systems (HRIS, Payroll & Benefits, Applicant Tracking, Intranet, Training, and Performance) – scaling processes and running audits to ensure data integrity;
- Manage employee data within our HRIS and other systems, ensuring accuracy, running integration reports, troubleshooting errors, and developing best practices for continued oversight and improvement;
- Provide seamless and client-focused support to our people through day-to-day administration and facilitation of the employee lifecycle ;
- Be the first line of contact for employee inquiries to support human resources across all our locations globally; partner with the larger People Team, cross-functional stakeholders including Facilities, IT, and Finance to administer and coordinate a seamless onboarding experience;
- Support our People Operations Manager to facilitate onsite and remote Day-1 onboarding;
- Support the offboarding process for employees with both attention to the detailed process and with empathy to all employees leaving the organization.
- General HR Administration
- Manage employee personnel files and all supporting documentation that comes with HR processes in partnership with other HR team members, including documents related to new hires, salary changes, leaves of absences, separations – ensuring items are completed, and securely filed;
- Process and manage the PO process for all HR invoices and vender contracts.
- Process all employment verification requests and manage our People Operations email alias to respond and direct all inquiries
- Ensure we remain compliant within our policies, procedures and legal requirements;
- Support workplace vendor management (snacks, lunches and needs of employees while onsite);
- Provide ad-hoc coverage as needed.
What you’ll bring
- You have empathy and care about people, and how our processes can deliver a positive employee experience;
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; 4+ years of diverse People Operations experience ideally in a rapidly growing and/or start-up environment;
- Professed in HR best practices, policies, procedures and compliance;
- Hyper-organized with strong time management skills; able to juggle and prioritize competing demands;
- Meticulous attention to detail, especially with data entry – reporting experience a plus;
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and proactively solving business problems that require collaboration across multiple teams;
- You are unflappable and have an impeccable level of discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information that impact employees and the business;
- Strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills both written and verbal; able to interface with all members of our global organization and external stakeholders such as vendors and candidates;
- Quick study and technologically inclined; we are a Microsoft 360 company and typically on Macs – familiarity with these systems will help for seamless integration!
- Experience with Paycom or similar HRIS platforms.
- Experience with supporting diverse work group, including international employees
- Experience with HRIS implementation
- Strong excel skills
Additional Information and Requirements
This is a regular full-time role reporting to our headquarters in Alameda, CA.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created America’s fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Entrepreneur’s “100 Brilliant Companies,” CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science’s “100 Greatest Innovations” and Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address Alameda
- City Alameda