AeroFarms, the commercial leader in Vertical Farming is building the largest indoor vertical farm in the world in Danville Virginia! (We already have the Guinness world record for this in 2022 – this new farm is 4 times the output of that farm!) This flagship greenfield facility will service our growing customer base in the Mid-Atlantic Region once operational in 2022. This is an opportunity to help with the scaling of one of the most exciting AgTech Companies in the world (We won #1 spot in the Global Food Tech 500 list – 3 years in a row!)
At AeroFarms we are Non-GMO and use zero herbicides, fungicides, pesticides of any kind, along with using 95% less water compared to conventional agriculture and can grow the best leafy greens 365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor vertical farms across the country using the latest technological advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
Reporting to the VP of New Farms, the Sr. Project Field Engineer together with AeroFarms Corporate Engineering team will play a major role in the build out, start up, and ongoing performance of these new farms. Involvement begins during construction of the new farms, installation of proprietary equipment, integration of automated processes, and establishment of the local teams and technical capability through support with project management, coordination of contractors and suppliers, troubleshooting new equipment, developing design alterations, leading functionality production runs, planning work along with improvements of our highly automated farming systems and supporting equipment. Participates within a Field Organization intended to deploy new farms efficiently and effectively in multiple states with many projects simultaniously .
- Responsible for the execution and implementation of equipment and processes to aid in the farming systems at new farms across the country.
- Collaborates with various functions establishing and executing project planning and implementation with all stakeholders.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously working with the field team while completing project objectives and timeline for installation, startup, qualification and stabilization of new farms.
- Responsible for technology transfer from Corporate Engineering into Plant Operations to ensure new systems perform as designed and meets all performance targets.
- Hired and based at one of several new farm locations, will travel during start ups and will play a key role in helping new farms to become established in other states across the country.
- During time periods where new farm execution is between new farm projects will assist engineering and maintenance at respective home base plant working on engineering improvement projects.
- Develops as a Subject
- Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Provide engineering input to New Farm Designs and ongoing progression of Innovation and development of improvement process designs.
- Participate with Corporate Engineering on FAT requirements for equipment and systems, able to attend FAT testing and approves equipment for delivery to the project site.
- Lead and participate in execution and installation of new equipment into plants.
- Coordinate with vendors and local contractors to ensure effective installation and site preparation to receive new equipment.
- Lead, coordinate and support new equipment integration and equipment modifications while tech transferring knowledge from Corporate Engineering.
- Hands on support of new and existing equipment and processes after installation until new plants are stabilized and performing at expected output levels by working with local maintenance and technical team.
- Assist with the development and implementation of new engineering processes.
- Ensure current safety regulations are followed for all equipment used in manufacturing.
- Submit and track Purchase Orders to align with project deadlines.
- Travel is required to support new farm execution in states located at distances away from home base plant. Candidate should expect to be away from home base plant for periods of 2-3 weeks at a time during peak installation and start up periods when assigned to a field location away from their home base.
- Travels as a supporting regional SME of Farm Technology from time to time to support other locations when emergency support is needed at a location away from home base plant.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Project management skills desired.
- Experience with process/equipment validation, documentation, and execution – IQ, OQ, PQ.
- Proven track record of delivery on projects involving equipment design, procurement, integration, and commissioning for food operations.
- Hands on mechanical experience and the ability to troubleshoot complex mechanical automated equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process.
- Knowledge of PLC controlled systems and ladder logic.
- Strong understanding of food package functionality and interrelationship with packaging equipment and processes.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with cross functional teams in the food industry.
- Experience in creating and delivering presentations to senior management and stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, USDA, and FDA requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in and manage work associated with multiple projects across various disciplines.
- Demonstrates creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid communication skills needed both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working with automation equipment, structural components, control systems, plumbing and electrical components.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer in automation, food processing, pharmaceutical, medical device, consumer product manufacturing and packaging environment with an emphasis on equipment process performance.
- 2+ years Project Management experience (PM certificate a plus).
B.S. Degree in mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, or related engineering or more than 10 years demonstrated experience similar to responsibilities within.
- Advanced PC skills including AutoCAD, MS Project, Word and Excel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None, may be assigned to be a team lead on location for coordination and communication purposes.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. Construction Site visits may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards) and stooping, kneeling, or bending for extended periods of time. Conditions to be expected typical of a construction site in development. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200+ employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark