Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Senior Strategy Manager to join our Strategy Team. In this role, you will partner with senior leaders across the company to accelerate the business. This will include development of key elements of Plenty’s corporate strategy, in addition to other key strategic initiatives. This role requires deep analytical and research skills as well as a highly strategic mentality and ability to see the big picture to help chart Plenty’s future course.
What you'll do
- Responsible for leading and overseeing analysis and development of key strategic initiatives to support the company’s growth.
- Work directly with the SVP, Strategy and CEO, along with key departmental stakeholders including Commercial, Strategic Finance, Research & Development, and Deployment. You will be responsible for conducting research into delivery and operating models from analogous industries, as well as analyzing associated fee structures; working with department leads to develop complementary strategies for commercial/sales, deployment and customer success, and ancillary services; and incorporating into primary strategy.
- You will also be responsible for researching and evaluating other components of the value chain for strategic internal investment, external partnership/joint investment and/or acquisition opportunities; and in some cases developing/executing on related strategies as a result of this research. This may include evaluation of potential strategic manufacturing relationships and seed/plant material production opportunities.
- Cross-functional management of key strategic partnerships, including strategic deal execution.
- Work on near or medium term corporate development initiatives.
- Develop an integrated strategic intelligence function, including via performing and maintaining original competitive landscape research, as well as synthesizing and integrating research and data from other departments.
- Develop relationships with key leadership across departments to gain situational awareness of overall business strategy and outcomes, and assist in executive decision-making.
What you’ll bring to the table
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business, Economics, or related degree
- 12+ years experience in strategy/management consulting
- MBA preferred
- Strong research and modeling skills
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills; ability to distill complex concepts into actionable guidance and strategies for an executive audience
- Self-motivated and proactive – anticipate needs of the business and leadership team.
- Ability to scale with the company – need to be equally comfortable leading in some situations, being part of a multidisciplinary team, and being a solo contributor as required.
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food safety requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- City South San Francisco