Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our Product/Program Management team. The Product/Program Management team oversees the Plenty Product Pipeline and Plenty Engineering projects from concept through launch, including conceptualization, design, procurement, installation, commissioning, and turnover to customers. In this role, you will focus on the development and integration of Plenty’s farm equipment (e.g. devices, automated process equipment, infrastructure subsystems, etc.) You will manage the product development process, including requirement gathering, design, and validation of performance to enable handoff for installation and commissioning. You will ensure documentation for stage gate progress and deployment of equipment. Up to 25% travel is required.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain a robust technology development roadmap for each of Plenty’s Farm Products. This includes end-to-end product delivery from requirement documents, specifications, engineering standards, drawings, supply chain integration, end of life phases, etc.
- Manage Plenty's product portfolio development, schedule, and cost program
- Manage Engineering project timelines to ensure that development, validation, and sourcing timelines for individual Plenty products are aligned with farm design and deployment project timelines
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional workshops that includes Engineering, Supply Chain, Construction Management, Controls, and other team leads to integrate requirements and design, ensuring each team is methodical in their design/project approach
- Collaborate with deployment leads and Project Engineers to build integrated commissioning and qualification schedules, taking input from other Engineering, Farm Operations, and Plant Science teams
- Lead work streaks related to Product Management scope to support specific farm project design and deployment activities. Coordinate with farm Program leaders and full-farm design Program Managers to ensure integration of all Farm subsystems to recommend tradeoffs in scope, budget, schedule and performance
- Travel up to 25%
What you'll bring to the table
- BS in an engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, and/or similar acquired skills from experience in the engineering field
- 10+ years managing engineering projects, ideally in Manufacturing, Industrial Automation or Process equipment
- Experience leading design and manufacturing validation activities (DFMEA, DV/PV testing, PPAP etc.)
- Appreciation for the art of managing evolving project requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using a standard product development process.
- Experience managing vendors and third party designers
- Highly collaborative mindset and strong communication skills
Type of role
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive salary, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we don’t cap the amount of days you can take off per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
Food Safety Requirements
- Comply with all Plant, State and Federal OSHA, EPA, FDA, HACCP, and SQF regulations
- All employees must show proof of COVID vaccination before starting work, other than in limited circumstances where the law requires an exception
- City South San Francisco
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office