The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with people and our planet at the forefront.
Applying its award-winning technology platform, AeroFarms grows using up to 95% less water and no pesticides ever to deliver products with elevated flavor, taste, consistency, and nutrition. Some of the ways we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity include:
- Researching and understanding plants at unprecedented levels to be better farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for people and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Setting a new standard for food safety and traceability in our indoor vertical farms
- Investing in our AeroFarms team and fostering a diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, learning and growth
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek a passionate and motivated Service Technician to join us in transforming the agriculture industry and lead the way in vertical farming, data analytics, and plant biology breakthroughs to tackle global issues. If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring team members, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today.
Work Schedule: 9.00am – 5.00pm, some weekends and overtime may be required
Description: The Service Technician is responsible for installing and maintaining AeroFarms’ network of Community Farms throughout the New Jersey / New York region. This position will work closely with an Engineering Project Engineer to lead the installation of units at a variety of community locations, liaise with customer representatives, and provide hands-on service to customers. The chosen candidate will be responsible for construction, troubleshooting, testing, commissioning, maintenance, and customer service.
- Assists in the construction of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and/or controls systems for Community Farm equipment
- Evaluates customer locations for installation and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Act as AeroFarms representative in interactions with our customers/external stakeholders
- Responds to customer requests for service, maintenance, or troubleshooting thoroughly and on-time
- Conducts initial training and addresses FAQs with customers to support operations of Community Farms
- Conducts regular maintenance on products and equipment and delivers growing materials to customer locations
- Provides suggestions for ways to improve designs, operations and maintenance of equipment
- Collects and records data to ensure components and systems perform according to specifications
- Works in compliance with all company personnel safety and food safety policies and procedures
- Runs tests on products and equipment to ensure they function properly
- Maintains records and files of all completed tasks and activities
- Orders materials, parts, equipment and tools as needed for installation and maintenance activities
- Plans work activities to complete tasks within required schedule dates
- Maintains a well-organized, clean and safe workplace
- Supports other engineering projects as directed
Education or Experience: High School Diploma or Associates Degree in Engineering Technology / related work
- Has at least 2 years of experience in a manufacturing, construction, or customer servicing environment
- Experience dealing with customers directly
- Has strong communications skills and ability to represent company and liaise directly with a variety of customers and then with other internal departments.
- Independently driven to complete tasks on time and maintain schedules with customers
- Able to read blueprints and design files and understand and interpret engineering terminology
- Possesses a diverse variety of construction and fabrications skills
- Has strong knowledge and experience using hand and power tools, including but not limited to band saws, chop saws, impact drills, and handheld grinders
- Has knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, electrical, or controls systems
- Has strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Works well in a team environment.
- Communicates clearly and effectively to internal team and customers
- Able to receive deliveries and validate shipping versus received quantities
- Able to independently travel to different customer locations throughout the day with own vehicle, mileage is paid at IRS rate. Valid clean, drivers license is a requirement
- Able to meet physical requirement that may include lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Able to complete site visits that may require the ability to climb stairs, walk long distances (more than 100 yards), and stoop, kneel, or bend for extended periods of time
- Great hourly pay
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
- 401k match
- Vacation time
- Potential for career growth
- Collaboration: We know we cannot fix the world’s problems as individuals – we have to work together as a team to make change happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication: We are a small company (in relative terms, 200+ employees) and we succeed because we communicate with each other. Everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility: What we do has never been done before. We are an innovative company and often there is no right or wrong way to do things. We challenge ideas to constantly improve how we operate and change directions to be the best that we can be.
- Accountability: We don’t micromanage but hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction. We expect candidates to take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect: We are scaling around the world and we want our team to represent the customers and communities that we serve. We expect candidates to respect and include diverse people, ideas, and cultures in their work so that we can learn the most from one another.
- Empowerment: We provide an environment for growth and development. We will help you grow in your career and elevate your work with our team.
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark