AeroFarms, the commercial leader in Vertical Farming is building the largest indoor vertical farm in the world in Danville Virginia! (We already have the Guinness world record for this in 2022 – this new farm is 4 times the output of that farm!)
At AeroFarms we are Non-GMO and use zero herbicides, fungicides, pesticides of any kind, along with using 95% less water compared to conventional agriculture and can grow the best leafy greens 365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor vertical farms across the country using the latest technological advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- The backing of impressive firms like Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential, and other leading venture funds.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and Shipping & Receiving Supervisor, the Shipping and Receiving Technician will be responsible for:
- Preparing and sending reports to Shipping & Receiving Supervisor and Operations Manager
- Working independently and as a team to achieve leadership and company goals.
- Coordinate with the packaging team to ensure shipments are on time for customer deliveries and pickups.
- Use FIFO rotation for inventory.
- Conduct daily finished goods inventory and input into the ERP system.
- Follow all policies and procedures to ship product out to customer.
- Use of a computer to input finished goods inventory, product losses, and email communication from the Sales team on orders.
- Input inventory and create invoices in the SAGE ERP system
- Conducting pre-shipment quality evaluations before shipments ensuring the highest quality and following standard guidelines for each customer
- Conducting CCP of metal detection daily
- Organizing all paperwork for CCP, pre-ship evaluation, and invoices
- Ensure all samples are packed out and of the highest quality and ready in the finished goods cooler.
- Complete 95% or above picking rate.
- Shrink wrap all pallets and use an electric forklift to stage the product to the shipping dock.
- Be able to time manage to make sure all product is ready to be shipped on time.
- Ensure all incoming customer’s trucks are within temperature specification and cleanliness guidelines.
- Have superior customer service skills when dealing with customers picking up product.
- Ensure all product is organized in finished goods cooler.
- Ensure each product has a quality retain.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 6 months prior experience in packaging
- 6 months prior experience in shipping/receiving required.
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and speak basic English (required)
- Must be able to work in a cold environment (<40F) for long periods of time)
- Availability to work weekends is a must.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to drive electric forklift after training.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team.
- Must have time management skills to meet certain deadlines for shipping.
- Must be detailed oriented and organized.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have good basic math skills.
- Ability to use scales, calculators, and computer.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark
- Experience Level Entry-Level