The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity.
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success. We are trying to make the world better and more sustainable.
- A diverse team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals ready to support you.
- Fast growing, literally and figuratively: we grow our produce in as little as 14 days from seed to harvest and have exciting expansion plans across the US and around the world.
In scaling to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Special Projects Manager who can bring our products to new customers. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and for people everywhere. For us, a passion for food, technology, sustainability and community are a must.
Chief Revenue Officer (CRO)
As a member of the farm development team, the Special Projects Manager plans and directs all activities associated with the business side of a new product offering. This includes coordinating across departments to finalize product development and liaising with customers and vendors to prepare for the initial deployment of the offering. The Special Projects Manager will be responsible for expanding our pipeline to close future contracts and will report up to the CRO with periodic updates to the CEO.
We follow all COVID-19 Guidelines. This role can be expected to be 90% remote with infrequent office meetings at corporate HQ in Newark for the time being. The expectation will be in-office full-time once deemed appropriate (expected late fall 2021).
- Manage end-to-end activity planning, scheduling, budgeting, and sequencing for project development and deployment
- Develop business plans, presentations, and all materials required for customer interactions.
- Manage and develop customer relationships and track adherence to contract requirements
- Coordinate across departments to align product development, drafting of supporting materials, and marketing efforts
- Analyze and monitor mitigation of project risks
- Develop and implement outreach strategy to build sales pipeline
- Work closely with executive leadership to develop, refine, and implement strategic outreach plan to build sales pipeline
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering etc
- Masters degree preferred but not required
- MBA preferred but not required
- PMP helpful but not required
Skills & Experience
- Direct Project Management experience helpful but not required – this is more on the business side
- 5+ years experience in business, product management, sales, marketing, operations etc.
- Experience doing project implementation
- Experience in a customer-facing, leading role
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage third-party customer and vendor relationships
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks effectively with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in project management tools, including timeline management and issue tracking
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Project skills
- Proven history with value-added selling strategies and developing and closing contracts
- Experience in product development, with specific acumen in defining specifications, preparing business plans, and developing training and customer-focused materials
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark