San Francisco, CA | Ecommerce Team | Reports to Category Manager
COVID-19: Allbirds requires all US-based Corporate employees who enter an Allbirds-owned or operated Corporate facility to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or valid medical reasons.
Who is Allbirds?
At Allbirds, we believe in using business as a force for good. We’re a global footwear and apparel brand with roots in New Zealand and headquarters in San Francisco. Since 2016, we’ve been on a mission to prove that comfort, design, and sustainability aren’t mutually exclusive. Our commitment to creating better things in a better way is fueled by a belief that the fashion industry needs to focus less on flash and more on thoughtfulness. We're a certified B Corporation, meaning we meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We’re dedicated to making the most sustainable products we can using premium natural materials – designed for life’s everyday adventures. In fact, TIME 100 named us for being one of the most innovative companies. Already calling our first shoe, the Wool Runners, the most comfortable in the world, and there is much more to come.
We take our craft seriously, but not ourselves. As part of the Allbirds family, you can look forward to team lunches, product tests, fun company events, inspiring guest speakers, comfortable shoes, sheep puns, and lots of creative ideas.
Where we need help
Allbirds is seeking a Category Specialist to join our growing ecommerce team. We’re looking for a collaborative, detail-oriented, problem-solver to deliver excellent on-site experiences. This person will work cross functionally with internal business partners to execute product launches and site merchandising initiatives. They’ll learn the ins & outs of the content-management system and will be comfortable taking on many different tasks related to site content.
What does the job entail?
- Supports launches of new colors and new products
- Coordinate with GTM team on launch calendar and fluctuation in dates
- Partner with Retail and Individual markets for locale-specific products/colors
- Add Asana stories for each launch and assign tasks
- Manage “run-book” of tasks to ensure deadlines are met
- Procure necessary information to create products in our system
- Collaborate with the Creative team to procure assets on schedule
- Mockup launch experiences in a development environment and intake feedback from stakeholders
- Schedule and QA launch experiences
- Field and execute ongoing digital experience updates (website and app). Includes content, asset, color swatch modifications
- Support eComm Category Manager by assisting with creative brief submission for website and app asset needs
- Maintains the ecomm global product launch calendar, always keeping it up-to-date and as a source of truth for all users.
- Regularly merchandises color and style assortment according to best sellers, seasonality, inventory position and marketing moments Collections and Custom Collections
- Partners with Operations to ensure supply chain optimization and inventory availability
What kind of person are we looking for?
- Resourceful and curious
- Quick learner and easily adaptable to change
- Has an eye for process improvement
- Excellent ability to coordinate and collaborate effectively across teams
- Flexibility with working hours; willing to work after-hours for product launches several times per month.
More practical skills needed:
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Knowledge of GSuite and Microsoft Office
- 1-2 years experience or internship experience equivalent preferred
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- One Medical Membership
- Mental Health and Financial Wellness Benefits
- 401k employer match
- Paid parental leave
- Remote possibility
- Cell Phone and Wellness Stipend
- 50% Discount on Allbirds Products
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Allbirds is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Allbirds policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), sexual orientation, pregnancy, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits discrimination based on a perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. All such discrimination is unlawful.
- City San Francisco