As the Senior Director of Downstream Operations for Eat Just, you will play a critical role in building and leading best-in class manufacturing operations for JUST Egg. You will be responsible for executing short-term and long-term plans internally and with our downstream partners. You will have the opportunity to work in close collaboration with our interdisciplinary teams based in San Francisco, including Engineering, Product Development, Food Sciences and Safety & Quality.
Our ideal candidate will be a proven leader with a track record of creating and driving cultures of continuous improvement. You will bring a wealth of experience introducing new technologies into manufacturing in the food industry. Finally, you will be excited to lead initiatives from the ground-up and contributing to our mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system.
What you’ll do
- Work with partners across the globe to assure production of downstream products on time and that meet all specifications;
- Partner with interdisciplinary teams and downstream partners to develop a seamless technology transfer process;
- Troubleshoot manufacturing problems at different locations as they arise
- Execute on short and long-term capacity plans, working with Engineering as needed;
- Ensure each manufacturer delivers business & customer needs on Food Safety, Quality, Capacity, Delivery, and Cost;
- Build planning processes to eliminate shortages, to reduce material cost and to maintain optimal inventory targets;
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners, including Engineering, R&D, Finance, Human Resources, Customer Service, and QA teams;
- Establish production metrics, tracks metrics and sets goals to maximize throughput and cost;
- Provide feedback to R&D teams as to how to improve products and the manufacturing processes;
- Lead and take an active role in cross-functional product teams and process improvement groups;
- Play a part in changing the future of food.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; advanced degree in engineering is a plus;
- 15+ years of experience managing manufacturing operations; food processing manufacturing experience is highly desirable;
- Experience in successfully introducing new technologies into manufacturing;
- Track record of leading multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong understanding of GMPs and Quality Assurance and demonstrated results-driven approach to quality;
- Able to collaborate and work well across all levels of the larger organization;
- Demonstrable use of KPI’s to drive organizational success;
- You’re a critical thinker and able to effectively solve problems at the plant level;
- You are a proven leader that drives and leads a culture of a continuous improvement.
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time regular reporting to our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA. Work will be temporarily remote until a return-to-office date, at which point the role will be expected to be onsite at our new Headquarters in Alameda (targeted March 2022).
This role will require regular travel both domestically and internally without restrictions.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Who we are
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science’s 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- For more information on JUST Egg, visit https://ju.st.
- For more information on GOOD Meat, visit http://goodmeat.co.
- Full Address 2000 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA
- Job Street Address 2000 Folsom St
- City San Francisco