A High Growth, Entrepreneurial Plant-Based Protein Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to make an impact on a fast-growing food company? Join a high-performance team that is paving the way for a new generation of plant-based food. Established in 2018, Greenleaf Foods is a leading consumer plant-based protein company committed to shaping the future of plant-based eating.
Greenleaf Foods is headquartered 20 miles outside of Chicago in Elmhurst, IL and is an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Maple Leaf Foods, Canada’s market leader in protein and first carbon neutral food company in the world. Our associates embrace a strong, values-based culture and take pride in doing what’s right for our consumers, customers and communities. Each Greenleaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We thrive in an engaging, open and fast-paced environment.
Our portfolio of plant-based protein brands includes Lightlife Foods and Field Roast Grain Meat Co. Lightlife products inspire clean, nourishing health with a simple ingredient deck and great taste the entire family will enjoy. Lightlife is proud to make the country’s #1 brand of tempeh and the #1 plant-based hot dog. Field Roast is known for bringing food enthusiasts together with globally inspired flavors, whole-food ingredients and innovative processes that make its plant-based meats and cheeses. Together, the brands feature more than 50 products and represent a leading market position in the plant-based protein category.
The Sr. Finance Analyst – Distribution, reporting to the Finance Manager, Operations, will play an important role in providing analytical, planning, forecast and reporting support to the distribution network. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the Finance and Supply Chain functions to help drive financial decision making through standard reporting, forecasting and ad hoc analysis. For this role we’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast pace environment and is looking to bring their experience to help build out process improvements within the network.
A snapshot of some of the exciting things you will do:
- Prepare, review and distribute weekly and monthly reporting on transportation and warehousing variances
- Partner with the Supply Chain group to review 3PL inventory reconciliations and report on network inventory adjustments and variances
- Will play a key role in establishing transportation and warehousing standard costs
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas
- Challenges existing processes, systems, reports, data analysis and outputs to help implement needed changes to build a best-in-class performance environment
- Partners with broader organization to drive standardization and continuous improvements
- Implement and ensure compliance with internal finance and accounting policies and procedures; identify and correct for potential control risks in a timely manner
What we have to offer you:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Competitive Health and Welfare plans
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
What you will bring:
- 3+ years of previous experience, CPG industry experience is a plus
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, adapt within a fast-changing environment, and a willingness to lead ad hoc projects as necessary
- General accounting knowledge, strong Microsoft Office capability, and prior experience with SAP
- An intellectually curious and growth focused mindset
- Strong analytical skills with the capability to dive into large, detailed data sets without getting overwhelmed
- Minimal travel – up to 5%
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Full Address 180 W Park Ave Suite 300, Elmhurst, IL
- Job Street Address 180 W Park Ave Suite 300
- City Elmhurst