At the forefront of farming and food, UPSIDE Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. UPSIDE Foods is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We continue to expand our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
The Sr. Lab Operations Associate will perform day to day operations of the R&D lab. You will ensure the lab is running smoothly and users have the equipment, supplies, and facilities to perform their research. Spanning all R&D functions, you are comfortable in a fast-paced environment based around providing support for a variety of needs. You take pride in an efficiently run facility, enjoy fostering relationships, and are always willing to lend a hand.
- Routine lab maintenance, including troubleshooting equipment failures, coordinating service and preventative maintenance, and calibrating equipment
- Managing commonly stocked lab consumables and gases
- Purchasing and receiving supplies and equipment
- Managing vendor relationships/visits
- Promoting a strong safety and cleanliness culture
- Coordinating and performing facility maintenance/tasks
- Maintaining routine, day-to-day lab operations
- Supporting diverse projects as they arise
- Effectively prioritizes and time-manages incoming requests
- Reliable, detail-oriented, and organized
- Proactive and creative problem solver who can troubleshoot issues and anticipate needs
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Takes pride in and is enthusiastic about work
- Passionate about serving in a support role and has a customer service mindset
- Experience collaborating across and supporting various functional groups
- Experience working in and managing labs
- Adaptable and willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
- City Madison