Hi. We’re Daring. A premium Plant Chicken company founded by Ross Mackay in 2018 with an unapologetically ambitious goal: to rethink and replace animal chicken from the food system. We were started by chicken lovers, for chicken lovers–and we’re working hard to put Plant Chicken on everyone’s plates. In addition to shipping direct to consumers, we’re now in 1000+ stores across the USA and launching in many more this year. We’re scaling up fast and looking to grow our talented team of daring individuals. That’s where you come in. If changing how the world eats sounds like something you can get behind, we want you to join us.
We are growing and expanding our amazing Operations team. We’re making a better chicken, and we’re making it out of plants. Come and join us on our mission!
As the Senior Manager of Sourcing & Contract Manufacturing, you will serve as liaison to the business for sourcing and manufacturing solutions enabling base business and innovation growth. Responsibilities include identification, selection and onboarding of external partners, assessment of capacity and costs, management of business project deliverables, and negotiation of contracts to proactively secure capacity and supply at best cost, quality, and service. You own and oversee business relationships with external partners and ensure strong collaboration between internal teams and external partners to meet business needs. You will work closely with cross-functional teams across Supply Chain and the broader Daring organization coordinating priorities and executing on operational excellence, growth, and innovation.
Success in this role requires the ability to be creative and have the drive to work in a high paced environment. This role requires strong sourcing and manufacturing knowledge in the food industry. You will need to possess strong business acumen, an ability to align resources and prioritize effectively, work quickly and accurately across functional teams. Fluency with data and exemplary problem-solving skills will be required. You will be encouraged to challenge the status quo and work collaboratively across the organization to ensure successful implementation of business projects. Experience in building a business case for change and gaining stakeholder buy-in will be key.
· Develop current and new vendor relationships to meet capability, capacity, service, quality, and best cost needs for the business.
· Negotiate agreements with vendors to deliver optimal cost, improve margins, and align on business strategy.
· Make recommendations on purchasing model (full turnkey, directed buy, or non-turnkey).
· Manage RFQ and RFI.
· Lead new vendor assessments to support business growth and innovation. Partner with Product Development scoping capabilities and best value solutions for commercialization.
· Partner with Quality to ensure that vendors commercialize products according to Daring’s quality, food safety, and regulatory compliance requirements.
· Manage the sourcing strategy of materials and co-man services for new product launches.
· Oversee monthly actual-to-budget cost variances, identify root cause and drive cost improvement.
· Develop and optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency.
· Manage Vendor Scorecards and help prepare Business Review meetings.
· Work in close relationship with the extended Daring’s Operations team to ensure optimal end-to-end supply chain deliverables.
· B.S. degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing Management, or related field
· 7+ years of experience in a Sourcing role working in the Food Industry
· Ability to work in a high growth, fast-paced, often-changing collaborative environment
· Demonstrated effective negotiation and influencing skills that deliver results
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects via prioritization and planning
· Ability to think strategically, and apply problem solving ability to tactical issues
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Strong collaboration and communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and vendor relationships
· Ability to win support and influence others to act, make changes, and improve processes
· Ability and willingness to travel as required to suppliers and contract manufacturing locations
Who we are.
Not safe. We are as daring in nature as we are in name. We challenge conventions, question the status quo, and never stop believing in what we can achieve.
We speak truth.
Not fiction. We believe there is no greater source of empowerment than the truth. We are open, honest and transparent in everything we do—to each other and to our customers.
We do good.
Not harm. We started this because we care about the health of people and our planet. And even as we reach new heights, we'll always stay true to our roots and fight for good.
We get better.
Not good enough. We are constantly pursuing innovation and actively seeking to improve each and every element of our business, from minor tweaks to the major milestones.
We aim higher.
Not for the easy target. We'll never hit the same mark twice. Because we are unapologetically ambitious. We believe our courage, commitment, and charisma can change the world.
If you do not fully match all criteria, we still encourage you to apply. Daring is building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We can’t wait to talk Daring with you.
- City Culver City