The Senior R&D Program Manager reports directly to the VP of Program Management within the R&D function and will be responsible for driving the full life cycle of GOOD Meat and Eat Just projects – leading cultivated meat and plant based egg projects from ideation to scale-up. In this role you will manage, direct, and lead cross-functional teams to include R&D, operations, finance, sales, marketing, manufacturing, distribution partners, and others to ensure quality introduction of products into various markets.
What you’ll do
- Support, reinforce, and live our program management teams vision and mission:
- The Eat Just program management team uses its portfolio, project, and process expertise to lead key cross-functional initiatives. Our commitment to timely, transparent, and unbiased communication will drive decision-making rooted in data and insights. We foster an environment of trust, collaboration, and constructive challenging to achieve our organizations objectives.
- Develop and implement timelines, workflows, and objectives for functions involved in the program.
- Support the development and adherence to established processes throughout the projects lifecycle.
- Insure detailed assessments in the areas of consumer desirability, financial viability, and technical feasibility.
- Provide alternative and effective solutions to changes including analysis of financial and operational impact.
- Communicate and align key resources at all levels of the organization on assigned projects.
- Report out key project management metrics to various functions and levels including simple financial and impact analysis to help facilitate better decision making within project teams;
- Help drive continuous improvement and provide overall Project Management responsibility for all processes that contribute to business growth and efficiencies.
- Drive accountability and keep respective individuals and deliverables on track.
- Provide crisis management support as issues arise and can balance immediate business needs and project workflow.
What you’ll bring
- A Bachelors Degree with at least 10 years of relevant industry experience including 5+ years of experience as a Program and/or Project Manager, preferably in the food, consumer products, or biopharma industries.
- Engineering, food science, manufacturing experience required;
- Demonstrable leadership qualities that constructively challenge with a bias toward learning and action;
- Experience with new product Introduction and stage gate methodology;
- An empowerment and business owner approach in leading project teams and meetings;
- A problem solver and solution provider mentality to a team environment;
- Dynamic, driven, organized and detail-oriented with ability to articulate long term vision;
- Unparalleled communication skills both written and verbal with the ability to engage and influence across various functions and levels;
- Strong change management skills;
- Knowledge of Project Management tools such as Microsoft Project, Smartsheet.
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time hybrid (3 day work week) position based out of our headquarters in Alameda, CA.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created America’s fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s “Most Innovative Companies,” Entrepreneur’s “100 Brilliant Companies,” CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Science’s “100 Greatest Innovations” and Fast Company’s “World Changing Ideas” and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address 300 Wind River Way
- City Alameda