At the forefront of farming and food, UPSIDE Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. The founding company of the industry, UPSIDE Foods is a mission-driven organization focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
We are hiring a Sr. Scientific Recruiter to help us exponentially grow our team! This role will be our third in-house full-cycle Recruiter, and will be responsible not only for improving and executing on our recruiting strategy, but will also help build a top talent acquisition team in the coming years. Many of your conversations with prospects will include introducing them to the cultivated meat industry and the opportunity they will have to make an impact early on. We’re looking for a passionate person who can share their excitement and belief in UPSIDE Foods in every interaction.
- Work closely with hiring managers to gain a comprehensive understanding of their team needs for our uniquely innovative industry, and meet competitive hiring goals.
- Manage the full recruiting lifecycle across a variety of technical roles helping find, hire, and retain quality talent across the organization.
- Grow and foster high-touch relationships with a database of qualified active and passive talent to pull from our internal database (Greenhouse and Gem) as new positions open up.
- Helping prospective candidates who currently work in other industries understand how their scientific skillsets are transferable.
- 5+ years of overall talent acquisition experience in biotech, life science, food production, or similar industry.
- Knowledge of current hiring best practices and passion for diversity outreach and recruiting to support UPSIDE in building balanced teams.
- Enjoys fast-paced and complex environments, mentoring team members, and strives to continually improve our processes.
- Sincere belief in our company and mission, as well as the value of finding the right person for the right role!
Who you’ll work with…
- This role will partner with almost every function in the company! It’s a rare opportunity to learn about all parts of the business and industry.
- While we expect growth in all functions in the next 1-2 years, this role will most frequently interact with our R&D and Tech Ops teams.
Key Contributions in First Year…
- Close on our top priority roles over the next year as we ramp up expansion.
- Build on our recruiting process with a focus on delivering an empathetic (and even fun!) candidate experience.
- Build strong relationships with hiring managers, especially on new and changing teams.
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- Unlimited PTO
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
- City Berkeley