The Staff Accountant will perform a variety of routine duties in the Finance Department which includes, but is not limited to daily and monthly reconciliation, analysis and certification of various General Ledger accounts, research of outstanding items and inputting journal entries.
What You’ll Do
- Reconcile, analyze and certify various General Ledger accounts within daily and monthly deadlines.
- Prepare journal entries with proper documentation
- Identify, research, investigate, and problem-solve GL account and/or internal control issues
- Communicate and work with various business units to resolve outstanding issues.
- Support the accounting team in meeting month end closing deadlines.
- Assist management on audit request and responding to inquiries from internal and external auditors.
- Assist in providing detailed support to Accounting Management on financial reports, schedules and regulatory reporting.
- Assist in various projects as needed, such as analyze and prepare trend analysis to management.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Organize and maintain updated accounting procedures respective to assigned tasks.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years Staff Accountant and or/equivalent experience with an emphasis in cost accounting in a fast-paced evolving corporate finance department
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Results-oriented and works well in a fast-paced environment with an ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated; able to execute tasks and manage multiple priorities
- Requires excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, good analytical skills and team oriented.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Managed and analyze large amounts of data; Excel skills are required.
- Working experience with Concur and NetSuite strongly desired.
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a regular full-time role reporting to our headquarters in Alameda, CA.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnsons Janssen vaccine.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the worlds first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Sciences 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Companys World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address 300 Wind River Way
- City Alameda