We’re an international agtech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the individuals who make up our community and enable success through diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game changers.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams across the organization to define a best-in-class data and technology offerings. A deep understanding of customer problems, a sound technical acumen, and an understanding how to drive technology excellence throughout the organization. In this role, you will collaborate closely with multiple technology teams to design and architect our data offerings.
How do we work?
We are not perfect. In fact, we are learning through trial and error every day. We try new things, take risks, make educated guesses, and move quickly. We are an agile shop, and believe that the trifecta of product management, software development and user experience design is the key to building the best software solutions. A growth mindset, excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must.
- Work closely with technology leadership on organizational data architecture
- Drive technical excellence cross teams
- Collaborate with architects on standardizing data flows
- Build standards for how to move data at scale
- Be a leader in the data and technology organization
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- Have a multiplier effect on the projects you are working on
- Be an advocate for data and data engineering
- Design, test, and operate distributed data platforms
- Top notch technologist with an eye towards data systems.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Drive excellence throughout the organization.
- Understand the company vision and execute in data and technology – see the big picture and understand tradeoffs that need to be made.
- Able to balance your time between scaling the team and jumping to code – know how to optimize your time
- Thrive in a fast paced, agile, modern technology organization
- Data is our lifeblood – you will be a key member in scaling our data
- Effectively work remotely and onsite
- Passion for software development and modern software development practices, including lean and agile
- Perpetual learner and passionate about technology and data
- Positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self-awareness.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in software or data engineering
- Experience managing multiple teams, or experience setting technical direction in a large to mid-sized organization
- Deep experience in Python, Java, Scala, or other object-oriented programming languages.
- Deep experience in one or more public cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Deep experience in Data Warehousing and/or Big Data Technologies
- Worked with distributed systems and teams
- Working knowledge of containerization or other scale out methodologies
- Experience with DBT and Airflow a plus
- Implemented or work with “data contracts” a plus
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
- City Boston
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office