AeroFarms is seeking a Strategic Business Development and Partnerships Manager to work in our Business Development Team.
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
AeroFarms Business Development team is responsible for developing strategic business options for AeroFarms with higher profitability. The Business Development identifies trends to select the strongest value propositions to incubate into stand-alone businesses.
The Strategic Business Development and Partnerships Manager will play a critical role in helping to establish the next generation of winning sustainable agricultural solutions. This position will build AeroFarms external partnerships from proposal to negotiation and maintain the relationship during implementation.
- Leads and grows account relationships with some of the world´s most innovative multinational companies, small and medium-sized companies, government agencies, and leading research universities
- Works closely with AeroFarms internal stakeholders and with partners to scope project activities for mutual benefit, leading the discussions to an appropriate conclusion; as part of scoping, writes project proposals (Word and PowerPoint) and creates project budgets (Excel)
- Experience leading partners through the project development process from ideation to proposal to sign-off and contract; directly performing the writing and budgeting
- Oversees contract negotiation through to signature, working with AeroFarms Legal team
- Leads internal sign-off process and creation of relevant documents for all new partner projects
- Manages multiple partners simultaneously to advance the relationship
- Understands new initiatives and how each partner fits into AeroFarms strategy
Experience and skills
- 15+ years of deep experience in scoping projects and leading proposals and budgeting; managing client relationships; and working with a portfolio of internal and external partners – preferably in professional services / consulting
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent attention to detail, very organized, and proven time management
- Strong oral and written communication skills that enable personal impact with people at all levels of an organization in a wide variety of roles
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Highly motivated, outstanding work ethic, mature, and proactive
- Ability to quickly understand new concepts, including technical aspects
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark