AeroFarms is seeking a Strategic Research and Insights Manager to work in our Business Development Team.
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
AeroFarms Business Development team is responsible for developing strategic business options for AeroFarms with higher profitability. The Business Development identifies trends to select the strongest value propositions to incubate into stand-alone businesses.
The Manager of Strategic Research and Insights will play a critical role in helping to establish the next generation of winning sustainable agricultural solutions. This position will enable AeroFarms Business Development team to identify and pursue the best opportunities for long-term commercial growth.
- Responsible for all research and analytics, including long-term future trends analysis, market size research, competitor analysis, and partner assessment that drive new long-term growth areas AeroFarms
- Evaluate quantitatively and qualitatively mid- to long-term opportunities that would generate revenue and profitability, including projecting market share and P&L impact
- Analyzes opportunities and threats among long-term trends, competitors, and other research for both new products and initiatives
- Leverage industry expertise, research, and analytics-based insights to evaluate and advise on innovative business opportunities for AeroFarms
- Develop an excellent understanding of market, industry, and AeroFarms technology
- Communicate research and analytical results with superior presentation and data visualization
- Prepare reports, article, thought leadership, and other materials based on research and analytics for AeroFarms internal audiences and sometime external audiences
- Present and discuss findings with Business Development team, R&D, Engineering, and C-Suite
Experience and skills
- Bachelors degree; Masters in related degree (e.g. data analytics, research) preferred
- 8 or more years of work experience in qualitative and quantitative research
- Willing to challenge conventional thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Track record presenting and running meetings at all levels of the company; strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask and quickly adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively
- Self-directed and ability to work independently
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark