AeroFarms is looking for Paid Interns to Join our Corporate Finance Team for Summer 2022.
If you are passionate about numbers, finance, are studying economics, finance, accounting or wanting to be a CPA, this is for you! The finance team has potential internships from an audit side, financial reporting and operational accounting / accounting side. If that sounds like you apply!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability, and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve and tackle global issues.
Intern Work Schedule & Location:
AeroFarms is located in Newark NJ, we are committed to supporting our local community and as such we give a strong preference to interns who can attend a hybrid work schedule of in person and at home work. As we grow into a global company and with new farm sites scheduled for construction around the world, we hope that we can have interns from so many different places. However, for now, being a commutable distance will provide the best experience for you as an intern with us.
Work wise, you will be contributing to the real work of the company (no making coffee or photocopying we promise) as a junior member of the team. Your work hours will be 9-5, Monday-Thursday, with Friday being a half day allowing you a chance to reflect and connect with other interns and other AeroFarms Staff.
We strongly encourage vaccination, we are nearly all vaccinated here at AeroFarms, we believe it is a great way to ensure your safety along with ours. We still follow all CDC, state and federal guidelines etc.
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark