AeroFarms 2021 Summer Internship (8+ weeks, Start May) Operations Management
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity.
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success. We are trying to make the world better and more sustainable.
- A diverse team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals ready to support you.
- Fast growing, with exciting expansion plans across the US and around the world.
2021 Covid Details:
We are able to provide a blended internship with a mix of remote and where possible, in person experience. We adhere to all CDC guidelines and work with our team to ensure that the experience is the same for individuals who cannot attend in person. Interns do not need to be based locally but must be located within the EST time zone.
AeroFarms is currently looking for an Operations Management Intern. Operations – they are are the department that keep everything running. The heart of every company is the Operations group. In our case our operation is our farm in the heart of Newark. This is where we grow our delicious leafy greens and package them to be sent off to sold in stores across the country! In our operation we have the seeding, growing, harvesting, packaging and sanitation groups, all working in harmony to meet the orders of our customers.
- Great people skills are a must
- Degree preferred but not essential
- Experience working in food service beneficial, especially in a leadership or supervisory role (ideally 10-15 people, multiple shifts etc).
- Interest in learning about Ag-Tech Industry
- Strong excel and computer skills
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- People Management skills
90% in person – AeroFarms is classified as essential work given it is food production, the facility has to run to ensure we can feed the people of Newark and beyond. As we are a food manufacturing facility we already adhere to safety measures above and beyond COVID-19 regulations and our cleanliness and hygiene requirements are stringent all the time.
40 hrs a week, 5 days a week, 8+ weeks
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark