AeroFarms 2021 Summer Internship (8 weeks, May Start), Procurement Intern
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity.
As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success. We are trying to make the world better and more sustainable.
- A diverse team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals ready to support you.
- Fast growing, with exciting expansion plans across the US and around the world.
2021 Covid Details:
We are able to provide a blended internship with a mix of remote and where possible, in person experience. We adhere to all CDC guidelines and work with our team to ensure that the experience is the same for individuals who cannot attend in person. Interns do not need to be based locally but must be located within the EST time zone.
AeroFarms is currently looking for a Procurement Intern to work in the Procurement team as part of the Supply Chain group. At AeroFarms we are starting to build a new farm in Danville Virginia at the end of Q2. This involves the sourcing and procurement of all kinds of equipment and services, things like rental equipment, automation controls, hardware, materials, labor etc. We will have you work on a sourcing project on the project – so you can play your part in helping us build our biggest and best farm to date!
- Pursuing a STEM degree/Supply Chain Management/Procurement/Finance
- Interest in learning about Ag-Tech Industry
- Interest in learning about Supply Chain work – specifically Procurement
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Time Management Skills
- Good working knowledge on MS Office products including intermediate-advanced excel skills for data manipulation such as pivot tables etc.
- 90% remote, 10% in-person visits to the farm etc to see equipment etc
- Learning about procurement, RFQ’s, RFI’s, Vendor Management, CAPEX projects and technical sourcing.
40 hrs a week, 5 days a week, 8+ weeks
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark