About The Role:
As the Supervisor, Assistant Grower, you are a key, frontline leader, responsible for managing a group of individuals and ensuring successful growth of our crop.
- Supervise daily activities for a team of Group Leads and Crop Care Specialists to ensure greenhouse productivity, quality and food and health safety standards are met and exceeded while promoting a positive work atmosphere and building team spirit.
- Mentor and monitor Group Leads, providing direct coaching and training as needed while delegating workflow and daily activities.
- Maintain a frequent and open dialogue with the Head Grower, Labor Manager, and HR regarding coaching, disciplining and corrective action plans.
- Assist the Head Grower in executing the crop management plan including but not limited to ensuring daily completion of Pre-Op and Post-Op activities, maintaining up-to-date records and reports; interpreting measured data from crop and climate registrations; performing water and diseases tests as needed; assisting in fertilization, irrigation and climate control needs; working with the IPM team to manage pest and disease control, facilitating trials of new products; and supervising and executing annual activities including the planting of new crops, cleanout and crop-turn.
- Partner with Food and Environmental safety leaders to ensure hygiene, cleanliness, pest, disease, and equipment protocols are adhered to by all team members.
What We Are Looking For:
- 2-year college degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience leading individuals working on production lines.
- MS Office suite proficiency and a general understanding or ability to be trained on the Priva labor system.
- Training in Food Safety and Sanitation
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal & communication skills, and attention to details
- Ability to work with/manage 30+ team members
- Available to work weekend rotational duties, holidays and respond to after hour needs.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
- Stand, walk, twist, bend, sit, enter data into a computer, and / or frequently lift objects up to 55 pounds (may require sustained repetitive motion
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. AppHarvest reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
- City Morehead