Supply Chain Engineer: Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We produce plant-based ingredients in our manufacturing facility in Augusta, GA using a variety of patented and proprietary microbial technologies. These technologies are changing the way the world thinks. Google us, watch YouTube videos about us. The founders of our company and those they have brought into the team are using biological processes to literally change the way things are made. It is amazing. Our growing list of specialty products are in the fields of food ingredients, flavors and fragrances, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
The Manus team is a powerhouse of talent looking for someone with a lot of potential to grow with us. We need an eager Supply Chain Engineer to join our team in Augusta, GA. This person will develop the processes, tools and systems needed to facilitate a growing business, one that has an astounding pipeline of new products that will bring evolving needs. Besides applicable skill, foresight and entrepreneurial vision will be key to being successful in this role, but it is also what will make this position fun for the right candidate. While this isn’t a deep programming or coding role, a general awareness of the way software and databases work would be useful as you assess, design and implement tools across the company’s value chain.
The successful candidate will work within and build around the current SAP ByDesign environment to enable transparency, tracking and management of key processes for the company. The role will be positioned within the supply chain team while interacting with other departments in production and office environments. Supply chain is end-to-end, so projects could take you from vendor through operations to marketing and customers. We touch it all and hope you can help us make it all better.
The ideal candidate will have supply chain experience with the ability to work cross-functionally and engage with departments needing to automate either inventory or production processes. While building a team, we need this position to be on-site position and located in Augusta, GA. When here, you’ll appreciate working arm-in-arm with some of the best in the area, solving today’s problems and building for tomorrow’s opportunities.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – To be part in building a company focused on a future increasingly reliant on biomanufacturing and making a sustainable and positive impact in the world. Change the world with us.
- Accountability – You will manage projects in a hands-on environment to streamline processes and increase transparency in the company.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on bringing cutting edge technologies to market.
The Supply Chain Engineer will report to the Supply Chain Director. The ideal candidate will be responsible for identifying, building and managing value chain processes within the company to improve data generation, visibility and management. The position will work with internal departments to implement new processes for the company to improve effectiveness. The position will include the development of training programs.
- Assess the performance of current business processes and develop a portfolio of projects to improve existing operations.
- Provide department heads with recommendations for process improvements or automation that address existing gaps in functionality.
- Function as a Project Manager for automation and continuous improvement projects assisting Project Sponsors with technical scoping as necessary. Manage project timelines and budgets to expectations.
- Ensure that projects conclude with appropriate training for key users and departments and act as a resource for continuous training and support to realize the intended improvements.
- Improve batch management system to support operational and financial traceability in a chemical plant-style process.
- Actively improve the competency level of business or operational teams to ensure a high level of understanding and utilization of SAP ByDesign and other enterprise systems such as Fiix CMMS.
- Create and maintain documentation for newly implemented system driven processes and facilitate feedback collection to inform areas of current focus.
- Act as first level support for all application and infrastructure related issues in the SAP ByDesign, Fiix CMMS and batch management system environments for the end users, and coach and train users on application processes and system functionalities.
- Carry out all necessary database and application maintenance activities on Business Process owned systems for new functionality rollout or integrations with third party applications.
- Work closely with IT and Finance to ensure capability and conformance with reporting and security parameters.
- Respond to and support new product launches as the business grows and diversifies by establishing flexibility in systems that foreseeable variability needs.
Education and Experience:
- BS (MS preferred) in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain (or related field).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in supply chain that may include procurement, materials management, logistics, and/or trade flows.
- Excellent PC skills and technical savvy including data analysis using tools such as Excel, PowerBI or other commonly available analytical tools
- Demonstrated understanding of software, data and database concepts
- Demonstrated experience in implementing process improvements and new standards that improve data visibility and management.
- Ability to work across groups to train and implement new processes.
- Creative thinker- able to conceptualize and develop new processes to enable the company to increase operational efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Full Address 1030 Massachusetts Avenue, #300, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Job Street Address Augusta, Georgia
- City Augusta