Dear friends in Recruitment and Talent Acquisition, has the Great Resignation got you down? Have you experienced thoughts of switching careers – pondering, “maybe recruitment just isn’t for me anymore?” The fact you are reading this means you are at least thinking about making a change, so we must have caught your attention at least a little bit!
These are telltale signs that you are disengaged at work, meaning you are at the wrong company!
The good news is that the doctor’s orders are in, and Doc says that it’s time to submit your application to a company that Is focused on its environmental and social responsibilities…a place that’s breaking ground in tech and in agriculture. Imagine a job where you wake up and know that your role directly helps build a better future for the planet and other people, well guess what: that is AeroFarms!
No matter what department you are in we encourage everyone to spread their wings and get involved both in the company and in the community. Some examples from our team have been involvement with local art/music/art festivals, local volunteering, food donation programming, videos for our social media, composting, and so so much more. Hiring is part of your role but we want to engage all your creative energy and passion to help us build a better future for all humanity!
AeroFarms, the commercial leader in Vertical Farming is building the largest indoor vertical farm in the world in Danville Virginia! (Headquartered in Newark, NJ, AeroFarms already has the Guinness world record for this in 2022). Our new farm in Virginia is 4 times the output of our Newark farm and will service our growing customer base in the Mid-Atlantic Region once operational in 2022. This is an opportunity to help with the scaling of one of the most exciting AgTech Companies in the world (We won #1 spot in the Global Food Tech 500 list – 3 years in a row!)
At AeroFarms we are Non-GMO and use zero herbicides, fungicides, pesticides of any kind, along with using 95% less water compared to conventional agriculture and can grow the best leafy greens 365/24/7 without worrying about seasons!
The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2022 AeroFarms is embarking on rapid growth in North America, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Building and deploying state-of-the-art automated indoor vertical farms across the country using the latest technological advancements available today.
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
Talent Acquisition Associate – People Operations Team
In this role, you will be working with the Newark based team and be responsible for creating strategic staffing approaches to attract a wide pool of qualified talent for the organization in the corporate and operations teams at our new farm. You could be sourcing a PhD Plant Scientist one day and then helping with the Engineering, Horticulture, or Packaging teams the next!
You get a chance to work cross functionally with all departments and functions as we build AeroFarms into this next level of growth with our future farms to be launched later this year.
AeroFarms has a very strong brand and is the leader in the space, as such we attract talent that reject offers from other big tech companies to join us: its often a case we have to choose between multiple candidates who are all amazing and it can be hard to choose a favorite.
The ideal candidate will have strong social and leadership skills, experienced negotiating strategies and excellent organizational abilities. As the ideal candidate, you should be familiar with developing recruitment marketing strategies that effectively attract and retain top talent.
- Manage talent acquisition – Post jobs and ads in select locations. Screen and source qualified applicants and resumes. Coordinate the interview process with individuals and panels. Gather interview feedback and communicate with applicants during and after the interview process.
- Company Ambassador – in many cases you will be the first person sharing the AeroFarms story with external candidates, this is an important task to ensure we share our mission and vison and screen for individuals who match our own passions for sustainability and building a better future for the planet.
- Strategize – Manage all stages of the recruitment process. Work with leadership to understand the hiring needs of the organization. Create exciting and useful recruiting tactics to attract top-performing employees. Draft and create job descriptions as needed. Collaborate with hiring managers to understand team needs and facilitate candidate lifecycle processes.
- Administrative duties – Schedule interviews, draft questions, attend job fairs and other recruiting events. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Process Improvement – we are growth mode company: we need to build out processes and policies inline with our short term, medium term and long term goals. We don’t claim to do anything perfectly and we strive for a “we can do better – how can we get there” attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources is preferred, but not required
- 6+ months of direct recruiting experience managing all phases of the process, including candidate closing and offer process etc.
- Exposure to onboarding/compliance/HR Documentation helpful but not essential (Drug tests, background checks, I9 paperwork etc)
- Previous recruitment experience preferred
- Excellent time management abilities and a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Agility – able to deal with dynamic changes in the organization or priorities in line with business needs
- Ability to collaborate with HRBP’s, Office Managers, and various internal stakeholders at every level of the organization.
- Solutions oriented attitude: what we do at AeroFarms has never been done before, everyone at every level of the organization plays their part to help in so many ways. We want our mission to succeed!
Work Location & Remote/WFH Info
Our corporate office is in downtown Newark (next to NJPAC and Military Park), we provide free parking and are around a 10 min walk from Newark Penn Station. Due to COVID we are still working mostly remote, and come in when we need to. Our long term goal is a hybrid approach of 3 days in 2 days WFH – we will never return to 5 days a week in person (YAY!), we have no idea when we will actually implement this due to the fluid and ongoing nature of the pandemic. If you want to come in and spend time with team mates you totally can! We have desks at Corporate office or at our Farm location in the Ironbound part of Newark – we are flexible and can provide a variety of options to give you the best experience! We cannot offer true remote due the nature of our company (we have farms!), but if you are good to come in 3 days per week in a post pandemic world, if that commute makes sense we want to hear from you!
- Collaboration – we know we cannot fix the worlds problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication – we are a small company (in relative terms – 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility – What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability – we dont micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect – We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on plant earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment – we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark