Summary: The Site Operations Technician plays an important role on the sanctuary team, performing hands-on maintenance and repairs for all buildings and equipment at our Watkins Glen location. The Site Operations Technician reports to the Site Operations Manager.
- Work with Site Operations Manager to ensure that facilities projects are successfully completed in the following areas:
- Building and Home Maintenance
- Equipment Maintenance
- Plumbing, electrical and HVAC system maintenance
- Fencing and gates
- Supply Orders
- Construction Projects
- Evaluate maintenance and project needs, coordinating research as needed and implementing improvements/changes as approved by Site Operations Manager
- Maintain building and equipment safety standards as determined by the organization
- Coordinate appointments with outside contractors as needed
- Use computerized maintenance software to track and complete work orders
- Assist with mowing and snow removal as assigned
- Assist Site Operations Manager with implementation of safety programs
- Submit farm project reports as requested
- Participate in professional development opportunities, including expanding knowledge and skills as well as sharing expertise to support the training and development of colleagues
- Act as backup to assist with animal movement and transport if needed
- Coordinate with Site Operations Manager on other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to perform hands-on work, including experience with building and home repairs, fencing, large farm equipment maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, electric, etc. Experience with power tools required.
- Ability to drive tractors and other farm equipment. Ability to drive trucks with trailers preferred.
- Flexibility and aptitude as a self-starter; ability to multi-task while also being highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work well independently, while maintaining appropriate communication with supervisor
- Ability to communicate professionally with staff and outside contractors
- Reliable and dependable, with flexibility and willingness to adjust schedule when needed
- Team player; able to work well with a variety of people
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor and lifting
- Previous maintenance experience required
- Alignment with Farm Sanctuary’s values of compassion, understanding, integrity, transformation, and freedom.
- Familiarity and commitment to equity, social justice, and Farm Sanctuary’s mission
- Full-time, non-exempt position
- This position is based at our Watkins Glen, New York sanctuary.
- Some on-call shifts required
- Limited travel, including overnight trips, required
- Some weekend and holiday availability required
- Pay is $23-24/hour, commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Competitive benefits package, including 13 paid holidays; generous paid time off; health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 403(b) plan; flexible spending accounts; long-term disability insurance; free access to CALM meditation app; access to the Nivati wellness platform
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Any photos or videos taken in the scope of employment and/or related to Farm Sanctuary are considered work product and intellectual property of Farm Sanctuary.
Farm Sanctuary is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or age.
- City Watkins Glen