The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. At AeroFarms, we are on a mission to do just this, growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity. As we scale to new locations around the world, we are seeking a Temporary Safety Coordinator. Join us as we take vertical farming to new heights for the planet and people everywhere.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, and strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
The Temporary Safety Coordinator is responsible for providing that the workplace is free from serious safety and health hazards. Provides technical safety and health support to production and corporate personnel. This position ensures that the company complies with all OSHA employer requirements and regulations.
The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards and regulations to maintain safety in all facilities.
- Managing safety training needs for all required staff, including coordinating training with outside vendors and other educational seminars as necessary.
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to production and corporate personnel.
- Prepares written safety, health programs, and policies.
- Participating in workplace safety and health planning meetings.
- Develop and conduct risk assessments, JSA, and risk mitigation evaluation.
- Ensuring managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health; accident prevention; and investigation training.
- Audits practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and federal/state occupational safety and health regulations.
- Creates and supports a positive, professional, team-oriented, harassment-free work environment by understanding and complying with the company’s policies.
- Providing leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards. This includes:
- Continuously monitor the workplace for hazardous safety and health conditions.
- Ensure safety and health hazards are corrected, eliminated, or guarded.
- Assessing engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment (PPE) on an ongoing basis.
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents and perform RCA.
- Investigating all close calls and other safety-related incidents that have occurred within the accident area.
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents.
- Ensure that all accident reports are recorded in a timely, complete, and accurate manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety, business, or related loss prevention field.
- Minimum 2 years Safety industry experience.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification (General Industry).
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, guidelines, and practices.
- Must be Bilingual (English/Spanish). Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent attention to detail, problem analysis, and problem resolution.
- Must be able to work all shifts and will be on call 24 hours a day for emergencies.
- Full Address 212 Rome St, Newark, NJ
- Job Street Address 212 Rome St
- City Newark