Plenty is on a mission to make fresh, pesticide-free fruits and vegetables more accessible to everyone. Our cutting-edge indoor, vertical farms produce extraordinary yields using a fraction of the land and water outdoor farms need. Nutrient-rich, mouth-watering and locally grown, our crops help people, communities and our planet to be healthier and more resilient.
The people and teams who make up Plenty are at the core of how we do this. We are a collaborative and innovative bunch. We are passionate about our contributions to Plenty, the communities around us and our planet, but never take ourselves too seriously. We’re down to Earth, we grow together, and we always find a way. Most importantly, we’re here to improve the lives of plants, people and our planet.
About the role
Plenty is looking for a Test Engineering Technician in Laramie, WY to help operate and develop spaces and processes to reliably test new crops, farm technologies, and grow conditions never before studied in the history of agriculture. The scientists and engineers at Plenty are revolutionizing the way humans grow food. In this role, you will be part of a fun and dynamic team that is passionate about sustainably delivering unprecedented quality, flavor, and nutrition to people worldwide.
What you'll do
- Support commissioning test systems including large-scale grow spaces in collaboration with guidance from a senior technician, engineering or supervisor
- Execute tests requested by plant scientists and engineers with some guidance from supervisor and senior members
- Monitor and review data from testing chambers to ensure test chambers are within spec
- Collaborate with engineering and install teams to upgrade test systems for experiments or tests requiring special equipment or custom parts
- Perform sensor calibration, equipment stress tests and equipment performance validation to ensure test systems operate consistently and reliably
- Receive alerts, troubleshoot frequent issues, and escalate as necessary
- Take part in the On-call rotation, and respond to all calls at any time promptly, and escalate issues as necessary
Identify areas of improvement for research spaces and flag with supervisor
- Follow best safety practices practices
What you'll bring to the table
- 1+ years of experience in a related field
- Associates degree in engineering, or a related field a plus
- Experience operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting HVAC, controls, and/or fertigation equipment
- Experience communicating across teams, and escalating urgent issues
- Champion of safety best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Suite and a willingness to adapt and learn new software programs required
- Humble, teachable team-player who is enthusiastic and hard-working
- Pesticide handler training a plus
What we can offer
- Compensation; we’ll pay you a competitive wage, give you a stake in the company via equity and contribute toward your 401K
- Health & well-being; we’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with comprehensive medical, dental, & vision benefits from day one, in-office gyms, and an Employee Assistance Program to help with mental health, financial & legal matters
- Food; in-office lunches, snacks and access to our leafy greens & new produce in development — are you up for a side gig as a taste tester?
- Grow together; learning & development opportunities including unlimited access to our Upstart University platform, LinkedIn Learning, lunch & learns, training certifications, and more
- Equipment; we’ll provide you with the equipment you need to be successful, including $75/month toward your phone bill and $250 every 2 years to upgrade your phone
- Paid time off; we know you’ll do your best if you’re taking time to recharge, so we offer 2 weeks of paid time off + 6 days of paid sick leave per year in addition to the paid holidays we observe
- Parental leave; 12 weeks off for all new parents – fully paid so you can focus your energy on your newest addition
- City Laramie