At MyForest Foods, we grow and harvest mycelium in vertical farms, producing large structures that resemble whole cuts of meat in as little as 12 days. We then slice these meaty “cuts” and season them to perfection in a traditional brine recipe. MyBacon® is the first of many mycelium-based meatless alternatives.
Due to its DELICIOUS nature, MyBacon demand is sky-high! As a result, our business is growing rapidly. As we prepare to take our production to a national scale, many exciting career opportunities have unfolded, including that of a Transport & Production Associate.
About the role:
MyForest Foods is seeking a Transport & Production Associate to join our team. In this role, your primary function is raw material and finished-good transport, dedicating at least 50% (if not more) of your time to transportation. You will travel within a 200-mile radius of Troy, NY. When not behind the wheel, you’ll help to support our weekly procurement needs and fulfillment obligations.
Because this cross-functional role integrates with several departments, motivated individuals can expect open avenues for professional development and career growth.
You’re enthusiastic, goal-oriented and content being on the road for multiple hours a day. You’ve got a clean driving record, are comfortable with computers, and are familiar with food ingredient handling. You enjoy collaborating and communicating with teammates, and you do it well.
Essential Role Functions:
Transportation – approximately 50% or more of total working hours
- Prepare products for shipping and/or transportation to designated storage locations
- Transport finished product to a variety of locations within an approximate two-hour driving radius of our facilities using a company vehicle
- Pick up and transport raw materials from our farm facilities to our production kitchen
Procurement / Fulfillment – approximately 50% or less of total working hours
- Follow standard operating procedures to assist with the preparation, production and packaging of our food products to the highest quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation requirements including proper food handling and correct storage procedures
- Adhere to proper set-up, clean-up and safety procedures in our facilities, including a kitchen space
- Utilize a digital inventory management system to track inventory of food products and other necessary supplies
- Utilize digital fulfillment systems to execute product shipments
- Assist with restocking items as needed
Minimum qualifications/competencies (The must-haves)
- A driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Computer literacy
- Comfortability operating appliances and tools commonly found within the industrial kitchen environment
- Enthusiasm for the alternative-meat market with the ability to compare traditional products to alternative meat products
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies (The nice-to-haves)
- A background in transportation, procurement, fulfillment and/or culinary production is beneficial but not required)
- Defensive driving course competition (we can provide this if you have not already completed this course)
- ServSafe and/or HACCP/HARPC certifications are a plus
- Experience with produce, fungi and/or vegetarian food products is also a plus
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and drive. Driving for long periods of time can be expected. The employee frequently is required to squat, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Excited? So are we!
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply for the role.
MyForest Foods Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Full Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103 Green Island, NY
- Job Street Address 70 Cohoes Avenue
- City Green Island