Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company head quarted in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Fermentation Plant Operator. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s manufacturing and process development team located in Augusta, GA.
Performs a wide variety of duties and operates a wide variety of equipment for the fermentation plant utilities areas, which include but are not limited to: environmental control equipment, waste treatment, water supply and wastewater equipment, plant air equipment, team generation equipment, chilled water system, and cooling tower operations. Operators perform minor maintenance and duties related to sampling, testing, and environmental control.
Why work at Manus Bio:
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
Monitors control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of waste.
Observes variations in operating conditions and interprets readings and test results to determine required adjustments.
Maintains log of operations and records meter and gauge readings. Completes daily analyses on sumps, waste tanks interceptors (T-602/604 and 18 AQW sump). Records results on reports. Upon approval by Manus Bio personnel, makes transfers from 18 AQW sump to the POTW.
Visually inspects stormwater ditches daily and coordinates transfers to Ryan’s Hope (XS-710). Upon approval by Manus Bio personnel, makes discharges from Ryan’s Hope through the stormwater basin (XS-729) to Outfall #1.
Collects waste samples manually periodically or with automatic samples (COD and pH). Communicates to leadership significant variations from normal operation.
Completes required weekly and monthly emergency safety equipment inspections, follows up on deficiencies.
Operates and maintains power generating equipment to provide steam for the site. Is familiar with all analytical techniques required to maintain optimum performance of plant utilities (chilled water, cooling tower, air compressors, etc.)
Coordinates maintenance activities within assigned work area by recognizing needs for repair, performing minor maintenance, writing work orders, obtaining supervisor approval, monitoring maintenance activities to ensure completion of job and processing the knowledge of the state of repair for the assigned work area.
Complies with all documentation requirements regarding processing, GMP’s safety, housekeeping and sanitation. All work performed must be done in compliance with company guidelines for safety, quality and environmental responsibility.
Knowledge of regulatory permit requirements (i.e. POTW and Stormwater) to ensure we maintain compliance at all times.
Assists in the training of new employees and re-training of existing employees in the work area of responsibility.
Functions well within a team based environment, willing to participate in team activities, and be receptive to receiving and giving constructive feedback to their team members and management.
Must be able to manually handle up to 50 lbs using available equipment. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Must be able to wear protective equipment, including respirators.
Must be able to safely operate a forklift.
Must be able to work twelve hour rotating shifts on a continuous basis with minimum absences. Must be able to follow detailed instructions and support safe work practices
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous manufacturing experience.
- Some knowledge of Utilities and/or waste treatment equipment and operations.
- Must be able to follow minimal instructions and support safe work practices.
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Must hold him or herself to the highest professional and ethical standards.
- Familiar with the production fermentation and downstream processes and equipment as well as microbiological and analytical laboratory procedures.
- Demonstrates flexibility in job rotations/various assignments.
- Basic PC skills which include Windows, Microsoft Office.
Preferred Qualification and Working Style:
- A certified/licensed Waste Treatment or Boiler Operator preferred.
- Delta V controls experience
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Employee Status: Permanent
- Full Address 1762 Lovers Ln, Augusta, GA
- Job Street Address 1762 Lovers Ln
- City Augusta