Culture Biosciences has innovated the first and industry’s only cloud bioreactor facility enabling companies to get critical experimental data faster, at their fingertips, and therefore progressing the development of sustainable materials, biotherapeutics, and more. Our teams combine their passion within science, engineering, software, and design to foster an environment of strong innovation by encouraging learning, development, problem solving, and teamwork. At Culture Biosciences we value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus, and a drive for results.
Here's a video that explains the process.
What you'll do:
- Scale our software engineering teams. Build a new group for Data Engineering and Data Science.
- Develop and mentor new managers at the company.
- Inspire and connect with IC engineers.
- Be the steward of the team's culture.
- Work with other engineering leaders and the CTO to build a cohesive vision for our product offering across the disciplines of Hardware, Software, DataSci and Bioprocessing, and along the various axes of our customer's R&D needs.
- Passionate about hiring, team-development, mentorship and managing managers in a fast-growing organization.
- Opinionated on how to develop and shepherd a high-performance engineering culture.
- Skilled at storytelling, narrative-building, architecture.
- Able to communicate effectively to engineers and scientists of all stripes.
- Experience leading a team to build complex webapps that involve aspects of data processing, security and communication with hardware. Very comfortable in roadmapping, budgeting and scenario planning.
- Experience in working in a startup environment: nascent support groups, nascent processes, emphasis on speed, change and occasional ambiguity!
- Experience in a remote/hybrid working environment.
- Experience in working for a “first principles” company — a company that builds as much from scratch as possible.
- Experience in a company working in an unregulated space (and thus capable of more velocity).
- Experience with our tech stack: Python, C++, React, GraphQL, SQL, AWS.
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
Location & Schedule:
- This is a remote-friendly position.
- We're looking for someone who is +/- 3hrs from Pacific time.
- The software group is fully distributed: SF Bay Area, Seattle, Portland, LA, St Louis, Boston.
- Our HQ and most of our leadership team and operational staff are currently in South SF, CA.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- For onsite employees:
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
- City South San Francisco