Culture Biosciences has innovated the first and industry’s only cloud bioreactor facility enabling companies to get critical experimental data faster, at their fingertips, and therefore progressing the development of sustainable materials, biotherapeutics, and more. Our teams combine their passion within science, engineering, software, and design to foster an environment of strong innovation by encouraging learning, development, problem solving, and teamwork. At Culture Biosciences we value curiosity, clear communication, kindness, collaboration, customer focus, and a drive for results.
Here's a video that explains the process.
What you will do:
- Build and run our finance and strategy teams
- Develop and be responsible for our core financial systems, processes, and operations
- Audit existing FP&A process, make adjustments, and build your own process as you see fit
- Build and manage dashboards of core financials KPIs for founders, the board, and team leaders to use for decision making
- Lead the preparation and execution of equity financings
- Evaluate financing options for infrastructure build-out
- Build operational models that serve as essential tools for strategy and planning
- Partner with CEO to run strategic initiatives and projects
- Advise CEO & team leaders on tactics and strategies to improve our financial metrics and other core operational KPIs
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution.
- Bringing you up to speed in the domain of biomanufacturing.
- Providing a low-stress work environment.
- Making ourselves available for collaboration.
- Caring about you as a whole person.
- Supporting your personal and professional growth.
- You’re a roll-up your sleeves & get stuff done type of leader. You like to lead by doing.
- You’re a company builder. You’ll want to start your role by learning all the intimate details of the business and how things work.
- You are passionate about the impact biotechnology can have on human health and/or climate change. Or, at least, you are quite curious to learn about it.
- You have a finance or management consulting background and have likely served as a VP of Finance, VP of Strategy, CFO, Head of Strategy, or Head of Finance in a previous role.
- This is a remote-flexible position. We’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco at least once a week.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.
- City South San Francisco