Atlast Food Co. is in hyper-growth mode expanding the executive leadership team with a people strategist who has expertise in all aspects of human resources, specifically in talent acquisition, teambuilding, and driving high performance teams. The VP of People Ops has a passion for building world-class teams and strives to create an environment where employees are allowed to do their best work, playing primarily to their strengths. We are seeking a trusted business partner who will help guide the company through complex issues of a rapidly growing company to cultivate and optimize this growth. Ideal candidates will have scaled businesses with a path to going public. This role leads the business through its next phase of rapid growth by ensuring all onboarding, training and development, compensation analysis, benefits, organizational engagement, management excellence, and culture initiatives scale appropriately.
This role will begin as a team of one, where we expect the role will act as a generalist performing all traditional functions within a Human Resource / People team and move toward building a team of experts in the core functional competencies.
Why Join: The quickest way to reduce emissions from animal agriculture is to address the whole cut portion of the meat market (think steak and bacon instead of hamburger and sausage). Whole cuts are the harder part of the market to address with plant-based solutions. In order to get the texture and mouthfeel of a steak, it’s necessary to have structure. The easier route is to focus on ground meatless products which rely on high-temperature, high-pressure extrusion methods. The reality is this is not enough. The world needs a meatless whole-cut alternative, and fast. Atlast Food Co. produces a delicious meatless bacon high in protein, rich in nutrients, and is the world’s first meatless bacon that tastes just like bacon.
The essential functions of the Vice President, People Operations include:
- Build a high-performance team to achieve MyEats goal of bringing healthy, delicious, and nutritious “whole-cut” mycelium meat to the world at global scale.
- Oversee and manage people operations, office operations, and talent acquisition.
- Serve as a member of the executive team by leading the efforts around short and long-term people planning to fuel the growth of the business.
- Build strong, trusting relationships with leaders by helping them think through their most challenging people opportunities — from org design and evolution to performance management to individual coaching.
- Partner directly with the executive team and department heads to develop and meet organizational objectives and key results.
- Oversee talent acquisition to create and optimize a strong recruiting funnel and brand reputation amongst high potential candidates.
- Driving force behind MyEats culture and develop creative solutions to amplify employee engagement, DEI efforts, and overall company morale with the goal of continuing to make MyEats an employer of choice in the marketplace.
- Design, implement and optimize systems and processes to support all People Operations objectives while communicating, delivering, and refining all initiatives as they relate to business needs.
- Diagnose and put in place initiatives that will drive retention and engagement.
- Own employee relations and compliance, and ensure MyEats is up to date on best practices and employment law.
- Lead your team to refine and streamline employee lifecycle processes (e.g., onboarding, termination, performance management, etc).
- Ensure compensation and benefits strategies are competitive and equitable.
- Responsible for processing of payroll, submission of reporting to finance, and auditing of HRIS system.
- Other ad-hoc duties and projects from time to time and based on business needs.
Minimum qualifications and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years’ of People experience working in a high growth and expansion environment
- A minimum of five (5) years in a management position
- Experience working with a distributed pool of non-exempt employees
- Sophistication in recruitment market understanding to drive high growth
- thrive in a forward-thinking and fast-paced team environment.
- passion for all things people, and fundamentally understand that talent is a true competitive advantage.
- Drive vision and purpose, painting a compelling vision and strategy that motivates others to action.
- Track record of articulating the future in a way that people relate to while crafting org-wide energy and optimism for the future.
- Passionate about achieving the highest levels of performance through people.
- Communicate challenges and have the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders effectively through sound and well-reasoned arguments and have a tested toolbox of strategies to persuade people resulting in agreement or behavior change.
- You get energized by developing and implementing scalable solutions aligned to strategies that support the organization’s effectiveness.
- Innate ability to simplify complex people problems, processes, or projects into component parts, exploring and evaluating them systematically.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various technology, software, and cloud-based systems (payroll, HRIS, communications, performance, etc.).
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex compliance requirements in New York State with ability to adapt to those in other jurisdictions.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated, fast learner, accountable, considerate, patient, flexible, open to others ideas and new technologies, team-player, and have a professional attitude.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in business management or related field
- Senior Professional Human Resource certification (SHRM, HRCI, etc.)
- Passion for a sustainable work and life environment
- Strong technical skills, including use of software applications, translating Microsoft to Mac, Apple technologies, etc.
Atlast Food Co is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Full Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103 Green Island, NY
- Job Street Address 70 Cohoes Avenue Suite 103
- City Green Island