WHO WE ARE
The Humane League (THL) is a global nonprofit ending the abuse of animals raised for food. THL fosters a high-energy culture of teamwork and mission-driven problem solving, and we have earned recognition as Top Charity from Animal Charity Evaluators for all of their rating periods. Over the past few years, we’ve grown to a staff of 90+ talented individuals dispersed across the country and around the world.
As the Video Editor, you will be accountable for editing the majority of video content for The Humane League, maintaining our visual brand standards through video and basic animation, and handling multiple projects at once while hitting all deadlines and milestones. This position reports directly to the Video Production Manager.
This is a full-time, remote position. This position requires domestic travel, this is equivalent to approximately 2-4 trips per year. We are only able to consider applicants who reside in the United States and possess United States work authorization.
Deadline to apply is Friday, July 8, 2022 at 12:00pm ET.
- Assist in creating videos for THL US, THL UK, THL MX, seamlessly editing audio and video to deliver a professional quality product that presents and advances THL’s mission, values and work.
- Edit raw footage and create a seamless final product that stays true to THL’s brand.
- Ensure our key messages and goals are incorporated into the videos.
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects.
- Add captions for accessibility.
- Design thumbnails based on the style guide from our Design Team.
- Export projects with necessary codecs to deliver appropriate file types for various platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram.
- Contribute to the Video Team and Communications Team brainstorms to develop new and exciting content ideas.
- Spearhead projects from start to finish, using the team’s feedback to revise as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Creative mind and strong storytelling skills. Should have experience in professional video editing incorporating text and graphic animation, as well as audio editing.
- Expertise in: Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects, , Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience in all aspects of post-production including editing with various video file types (HD, 4K, RAW, etc), minor color grading, encoding, sound design, compression and basic animation.
- Practical understanding of graphic design and typography.
- Effective communicator and troubleshooter. Ability to make decisions and follow through with minimal supervision and able to meet deadlines.
- Advanced animation skills are a plus.
Starting salary $53,000 or salary to commensurate with experience.
Employees enjoy full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, pet care & Rx discount plans, working from home, up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave for eligible employees, paid holidays, flexible vacation time, professional development, and the supportive environment at The Humane League!
At The Humane League (THL), animal welfare is at the forefront of our everyday work. As such, many of our staff are vegan by personal choice, and all of our THL-hosted events offer fully vegan menus. We welcome all mission-aligned candidates to apply, no matter where you are in your journey to end the abuse of animals raised for food.
The Humane League is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with laws and in furtherance of our commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Humane League is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please email People Operations (email@example.com) and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
- Full Address PO Box 10476 Rockville, MD
- Job Street Address PO Box 10476
- City Rockville