The Indigo Carbon and Sustainability mission is to reverse the trajectory of climate change. Launched in 2019, Indigo Carbon and Sustainability aspires to bring agriculture to the forefront of solutions for climate change by creating the highest quality, verified, farm-based carbon credits. We leverage technology, systems thinking, and cutting-edge soil science to solve big problems in ways that benefit farmers, consumers, and the planet.
We help growers adopt new practices that boost the resilience and profitability of their crops while drawing carbon out of the atmosphere. In doing so, we are unlocking the world’s largest potential untapped carbon sink to restore the health of our planet.
The VP Ecosystem Strategy will focus on ensuring the team is current with trends and movement in the ag industry, nurturing and building a network of people with influence within potential partnership opportunities and high value ag organizations, and assisting with introductions to priority partnership opportunities.
Possess/develop an expert understanding of the overall ag industry and the key player, carbon farming market, governments influence in sustainable farming, Carbon by Indigo, and Indigo’s overall offer portfolio
- Possess or quickly develop expert level understanding of farming operations, the various ag services that support farmers, and key ag service leaders
- Responsible for knowing potential partner’s objectives, key strategies, leaders, and stakeholders
- Develop an understanding of Indigo Sustainability, and be able to articulate programs like Carbon by Indigo, differentiating the value proposition
- Be knowledgeable in the carbon farming market by staying up to date on market trends (industry and government), companies developing carbon farming programs, general understanding of competitive carbon farming programs including pros and cons, and regional considerations such as farming practices, farming trends, carbon potential, and grower sentiment/concerns
- Be knowledgeable of Indigo’s offerings and articulate the value created when they work together.
Ensure the Commercial Business Development team is well positioned to win and grow partnerships
- Ensure the team is informed of relevant market trends and movement
- Develop and assist with implementing new strategies and recommendations to keep Indigo and the Carbon Supply Partnerships team well positioned to capitalize on market trends and movement
- Ensure the go to market strategy is optimal for each target market segment
- Responsible for the business model strategy guiding activities to priority partnership targets
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that broad industry needs are incorporated into Indigo’s partner sales and execution processes and Indigo’s offer and product development and enhancement cycle.
Has extensive industry network, further develops network and presence within the ag industry
- Can leverage an extensive pre-existing network to generate introductions and open doors to decision-makers at target prospects.
- Be a presence “in-market”
- Attend tradeshows, conferences, and all types of ag industry events to develop network
- Be able to articulate the value drivers of Indigo’s current offerings to key executive stakeholders at target partners
Creates partnership opportunities:
- Leverage network to make warm introductions for carbon supply partnerships team to influential contacts at target companies
Understands and embodies our mission & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity – doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates, and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Represents “the voice” of the industry and potential partners
- Strong listener, high emotional quotient, and inquisitive
- Strong goal orientation
- Customer-focused, fact-based problem solver
- Understands the ag industry, its many sub-sectors, and how it all supports the farmer's operation
- Entrepreneurial spirit (i.e. bias for action, sense of urgency, persistent, and resilient)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, attention to detail, organized, ability to adhere to established sales process
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Clear alignment with Indigo's mission and passion for customer success
- 25+ years of experience working in Ag industry with at least 5+ years in strategic, agricultural enterprise sales, technology, platform, consulting, or other relevant commercial roles that involved introducing new products to existing and/or new markets in a B2B environment
- Experience in the agriculture industry across large and small companies and multiple sub sectors
- Experience operating a farm is a plus but not required
- Location – remote. Must be able to travel to meet with potential partners and for company meetings
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
- City Boston
- Can Work Remote or in Office Can work either remotely or in office