EVERY™, based in South San Francisco, is a leading VC-backed food tech ingredient company using precision fermentation to create animal proteins without the animal for the global food and beverage industry. Originally founded as Clara Foods in 2014, EVERY™ rebranded in 2021 to better convey its vision to bring animal-free proteins to everyone, everywhere. EVERY™ is a team of passionate change makers who are reimagining the factory farm model with a kinder, more sustainable alternative. Leveraging precision fermentation to produce hyper-functional and one-to-one replacement proteins from microorganisms, EVERY™ is on a mission to decouple the world’s proteins from the animals that make them.
We are a passionate, determined, (and fun!) team with a vital objective, and we're on the lookout for like-minded people to join our mission. Sound like you?
You’ll be leading EVERY’s finance team reporting to the COO. You will have the opportunity to build your team from scratch while working with the existing back-office team. Finance at EVERY™ is responsible for strategic finance, accounting and treasury. We’re excited for you to play a significant role in strategic decisions across the business, implement financial systems, and work cross-functionally to drive operational excellence.
- Finance Strategy: Provide financial leadership as the business scales, including Financial Modeling, Planning, Analysis, Reporting, and Accounting:
- Financial Modeling: Own the financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow). Complete scenario and variance analysis to provide visibility to the management team and Board
- Planning: Lead financial planning, forecasting, and budgeting, developing appropriate financial targets, and KPIs
- Analysis: Lead in-depth analysis of financial results to deliver insights with a high degree of clarity and accuracy about EVERY’s financial performance.
- Reporting: Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual management reporting – analyzing operating and financial results, distilling key insights, and assessing current and future business risk
- Develop dashboards to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance
- Accounting: Own all aspects of month-end close, revenue recognition, AP, AR taxes, and payroll
- Financing: Drive capitalization strategy including raising debt financing
- Strategic Business Advisor: Deeply understand the business from a strategic and operational perspective versus just a financial perspective
- Systems and Processes: Incorporate best-in-class financial systems and tools. Work cross-functionally to ensure we have the correct tracking and reporting systems in place to support the business
- Financial Oversight: Provide financial expertise and oversight to key negotiations and expenditures including real estate and capital equipment purchases
- Team Building: Hire and manage an in-house finance and accounting team as appropriate for business growth
Qualifications (You need a mix of the following):
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in a mix of strategic finance, corporate investment banking, private equity, audit
- Finance leadership experience at a start-up
- Experience working in manufacturing and managing inventory
- Experience working in alternative proteins, lab sciences, or synthetic biology a plus
- Strong technical knowledge of GAAP, tax principles, preparation of financial statements and budgets, cash management, and credit facility management
- Educational background in a financial field or similar credentials (e.g. BA/BS accounting, MBA, CPA or CFA)
- Excellent analytical and board-facing communication skills
- Working knowledge of financial management and budgeting systems and proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suite
- Bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Passion for your role and EVERY’s mission
This position is based in our South San Francisco, CA location
What EVERY™ can Offer for Full-Time Positions:
- Generous benefits package; 100% medical, dental, and vision employee coverage, 401k matching, and stock
- Optional benefits; FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Flexible PTO and 14 paid company holidays per year
- Parental Leave: 10 weeks of parental leave and 6 weeks of childbirth leave
- Free parking, unlimited gym access, lounge, mini-golf patio, yoga and fitness classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee and tea
- Weekly virtual happy hours & lunches
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership
- Close to South San Francisco BART and CalTrain stations, including free shuttle service
EVERY™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- City South San Francisco