We are looking for Warehouse and Forklift Operator to support the logistical operations of our Advanced Manufacturing Facility in Appleton, MN. Your primary responsibility will be the safe and efficient operation of our Forklift, as well as other tasks and projects to support Facility operations and general maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a “jack of all trades”, have a can-do attitude, work cohesively with the larger organization, have a strong attention to detail and strive for continuous improvement. This person should be excited to learn and excited to have an impact and contribute to the success of our organization.
What you’ll do
- Unload freight/receive incoming materials, consumables and shipments and transferring them to the assigned places
- Transport raw materials to staging area and moving finished goods to our warehouse
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Keep updated and accurate records of inventory and activity logs – ensure the accuracy and audit records of inventory and activity logs
- Help maintain a safe, clean and orderly environment of the facilities – take pride in identifying and solving for areas of improvement and upkeep
- Support ad-hoc projects such as general maintenance and upkeep of our Facility
What you’ll bring
You have a can-do attitude, with a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You are able to work effectively with all members of the organization and have a willingness and excitement to learn.
Qualified candidates will have:
- GED or High-School Equivalent required;
- 2+ years of experience as a forklift operator, ideally in a manufacturing facility – food manufacturing ideal
- Computer competency and system skills:
- Experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system required, NetSuite a plus;
- Comfortable operating basic computer systems including Microsoft 360 (outlook, excel, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail – especially with numbers;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal – ability to interact and work with larger organization, including leadership;
- Familiarity with industrial equipment;
- Valid certification to operate forklifts;
- Ability to handle physical and coordination requirements of position
- Ability to pass a standard background check
Additional Information & Requirements
This is a full-time regular position located at our Manufacturing Facility in Appleton, Minnesota. The facility is operating 24/7 and the role will be 5 days/week but will require rotating weekend coverage with our other Warehouse/Forklift Operator and in partnership with our Production team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The facility is operating 24/7 and while the role will primarily require work during normal business hours, some overtime/or weekend work may be needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and must possess visual acuity or read instructions, operate machines, and perform inspections.
The employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and is frequently required to work standing for extended periods of time as well as climb stairs/ladders and elevated work platforms, and perform repetitive actions that entail frequent bending and stooping.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment, subject to accommodation as required by law. CDC defines fully vaccinated as: 2 weeks after your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfzier or Moderna vaccines; or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Eat Just, Inc. and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Eat Just is a food technology company with a mission to build a healthier, safer and more sustainable food system in our lifetimes. The company’s expertise, from functionalizing plant proteins to culturing animal cells, is powered by a world-class team of scientists and chefs spanning more than a dozen research disciplines. Eat Just created Americas fastest-growing egg brand, which is made entirely of plants, and the world’s first-to-market meat made from animal cells instead of slaughtered livestock. The company has been recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, Entrepreneurs 100 Brilliant Companies, CNBCs Disruptor 50 and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. JUST Egg has been named among Popular Sciences 100 Greatest Innovations and Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas and the history-making debut of GOOD Meat was heralded as one of 2020’s top scientific breakthroughs by The Guardian, Vox and WIRED.
- Full Address 300 Wind River Way Alameda, CA
- Job Street Address Appleton, MN
- City Appleton, MN