Misfits Market is a mission-driven company creating the affordable online grocery store of the future. We’re a high-growth startup whose north star is making high-quality food more accessible to more people. By tackling inefficiencies in the food system, we’ve created a new supply chain that brings value to farmers and food makers, fights food waste, and saves our customers an average of $25.17 per order. Since 2018, our passionate and motivated team of problem solvers has built a full online grocery marketplace and rescued more than 228 million pounds of food. With each new zip code we serve (we’re up to 38,000 now!), we’re one step closer to our goal of eliminating food deserts in America by 2025.
The Maintenance Assistant provides electrical and mechanical support for the production plant. This role has wide ranging responsibilities, including low/medium voltage power, controls, mechanical system troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, emergency response, and general maintenance.
Primary responsibilities will include assembling, installing, troubleshooting and repairing all electrical and mechanical systems of industrial food process machinery and equipment and generating service reports.
- Maintain compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or Laws.
- Ensures all equipment is maintained in good working order and Must have complete working knowledge of complex equipment, and plant machinery
- Performs preventative, predictive and planned maintenance of mechanical and utilities equipment.
- Fabricates and installs new equipment and enhances existing equipment through process improvements/upgrades.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor and Manager with the coordination of work orders
- Assists in training of mechanic/maintenance staff on all production equipment (PM, Set -Up, Cleaning and Documentation)
- Provides technical support to keep the production processes running. Helps trouble-shoot mechanical and process control systems as needed.
- Performs plumbing work by repairing existing plumbing and pipelines, replacing washers in valves, installing plumbing fixtures and connecting them to outlet and inlet pipes by fitting with gaskets, couplings, traps, and valves, and soldering connections to seal joints.
- Performs electrical work by replacing motors, faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, breakers, insulators, wiring, installing new conduit and other elements of electrical systems.
- Performs work in mechanical skills area such as fabrication, assembly, burning, cutting and pipefitting
- Source & recommend equipment to enhance the production operation.
- Comply with all policies for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process training programs
- Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts; report on as-found conditions.
- Maintain good housekeeping and safety of work areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 years maintenance/mechanic experience preferred.
- Must be flexible to accomplish the necessary tasks.
- Work additional time on a daily or weekly basis if necessary.
- Scheduled work days and hours may be altered depending on job demands.
- Able to perform in a fast paced and team oriented environment.
- Ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plan options
- Life Insurance
- 401k plan
- Commuter benefits
For CA applicants, please see here for Misfits Market's Job Applicant Privacy Notice” with the link
- City Salt Lake City